1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

[DECO]: Window Curtains (crafted, and otherwise)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Rowell, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Something I think that is missing from the craftable items, as well as housing decorations in general, is window curtains. Something to dress up a room. The deco would have a curtain rod and two curtain panels. As an added feature (optional?), make them double-clickable to open/close the curtains (default to open though).

Possible Recipe:
    o Wax - x3
    o Wooden Pole - x1
    o Piece of Canvas Fabric - x2
    o Color Dye - x1 (determines the color of the curtains)
    o Wooden Binding - x2 [optional]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

3. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Perhaps, even make the curtains dye-able. That way the add on store dyes can be used to make interesting curtains, like sparkling curtains.

4. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Some time back I put an item in the wish list for the curtained area that is used in some NPC homes to be made a craftable item.
    I hope that somebody is looking into making this available.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes, I remember you saying that. Viola also told me we need it about a month ago. So obviously it keeps coming up, I'm glad it keeps getting posted. I also wonder if it's possible for them to be used to occlude decorations inside the buildings? It might help with some particularly slow POT's if they had everyone put curtains up.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh that would be so great and help us to make our homes look more unique. Right now when you go in someones house they will have a similar look to them, so anything that can be done to make spaces look more unique is great.

I am not saying we can't do it with our own creativity but things like this will really help. They could hang kind of like a cloak does except with a curtain rod hanger ;)

7. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

British Castle has a type of curtain already implemented into the game. ATM I'm just using the hanging tabard as curtains, so would prefer an alternative.

8. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

We made it to The NBNN Daily Britannian!!
    More Power!

9. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

10. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

The biggest issue with this is that there may be some house designs that wouldn’t permit curtain placement. Even if the curtains came in different sizes there may be clipping issues with different window seals. There’s also the length of different windows and even their proximity to corners to account for.
    [​IMG]

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  11. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Just a reminder.... this SO needs to happen. Definitely. Desperately.

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, I suppose there's ways around this though, by having the 'anchor' of the placeable curtain be the 'above' rod only, similar to the banners which could then hang down 'over' the window.
    I'd love to have curtains. Curtains, please. I expect there are difficulties with hanging cloth type things - I've long wanted the ability to 'drape' cloth on the tables as we see in many npc areas but imagime the placeability of such things makes it difficult.

13. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Just going to put this out there once again, because window treatments are very important to a well design home structure.

14. Highdragon Moor

Highdragon Moor Avatar

Yep, this is not the first time that it has been suggested.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well they do have curtains in some of the scenes already now they should just share them with us *sighs* ;)

16. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

The subject of different window sizes has come up before and the easiest alternative seems to make the middle frame a separate item with different lengths and the “drape” sides a single, double-sided item that can be flipped for left/right placement. Once the base models are made there could be different color and pattern skins for it.

17. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I agree. Several curtain types could be created: Valance, Curtain Side Panels, etc.
    One could even go so far as to also add Blinds or Shades as well, which can be raised and lowered.

18. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Still totally, and absolutely need Window Curtains.

Witcheypoo and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I'm setting up the Inn in Immortal City and I came here to request the same thing. Thanks for starting the thread!

There is another, more utilitarian reason curtains would be needed in this world. Heavy curtains were a necessity in fire-warmed homes due windows being very cold and sometimes not even containing glass. Curtains are a very much needed thing to keep our Avatars warm on cold winters nights! Even though our windows are modern and double-paned in RL, there is still a certain amount of chill (or heat) that emanates from them. I therefor have very heavy velvet on all our windows.

It would be especially cool if they could be opened/closed.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  20. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Just saw this past Friday's Twitch with the Devs, and I'm really liking the new Storefront row homes. One thing I noticed with the residential portion of the building...there are no shutters.
    That means people on the street can look up and look in your home. For sooth, what if some sort of shenanigans were going on?!

The simple answer: Window Curtains that you could leave open or draw shut! Dye-able so you can match your curtains to your decor.

Imagine if one day, in a Telethon @DarkStarr says that one of the pledge reward is a set of Chaos Curtains.

It must be done!!!1!!!one!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.