Decor Item needed- Row of Books

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Presto, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Presto

Presto Avatar

So with the introduction of the new columned city home, I decided to build SOTA's Library at Alexandria (but at Celestis)...

I filled the place with bookshelves and then realized how painful it will be to fill each bookshelf, and, if that is my fate, I wish i had done that before stacking all of the bookcases 4-high!

So my idea/wish is this. Please give us either one recipe for a horizontal row of books that are bookcase-sized that can be toggled to wear one of a dozen skins, OR a dozen recipes for twelve different skins on the same item.

I think this is an important, high-need item in order to ensure good performance in libraries and bookstores.

I also think that this should be craftable, because we already paid for bookcases (2K per IGG, I need 96!) and we were not given an option to procure "filled" versions of those bookcases. This idea seems to be a fair solution.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

The library of Alexandria had scrolls, not books ;) You need to rewrite everything on scrolls!

Leelu, Cordelayne and Presto like this.
  3. Presto

Presto Avatar

now hiring transcribers :(

Cordelayne and Selene like this.
  4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

SotA players are such lovers of books that this feature gets requested like once a month ;)

Would love if bookshelves were responsive containers that, when filled with certain % of books, the texture of the bookshelf item would appear to reflect this. Though, that does eliminate the coolness of each book being its own unique item - which is also probably why "libraries" in SotA will destroy RAM!

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Presto

Presto Avatar

This is another reason why I asked for a row of books, rather than a pre-made set. For each row you can decide whether to do custom work or craft one of the pre-mades.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Lol many requests out there for this :)

See the threads here

7. Presto

Presto Avatar

Damn - I searched too, before I posted. Searched for book in title in this forum...

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Presto

Presto Avatar

I realize that I need to address the hover behavior. If hovered over it should say, "a collection of books, or perhaps not have any hover behavior.

It would be nice if we could fill I. A string so it said, " a collection of books on the topic of _____"

But if simplicity grants a better chance of getting this item, I prefer simplicity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.