1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Decrease ripening time for alcoholic drinks if the barrel placed at basement

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Stealch, Oct 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Hi! I thought a lot and suddenly realized that the ripening time of alcoholic drinks in the game is a constant. In my opinion, this is not entirely correct. I suggest reducing the ripening time of alcoholic beverages if the barrels are in the basement! Following the example of growing in greenhouses, there is a speed of x2, and if you try to grow something in the basement, the speed is 0.1. Why not do the opposite? In any other place, alcoholic beverages are infused at the usual rate, and if in the basement, then x2! In my opinion, this will be fair. 25 year old whiskey wait real world year! YEAR, Karl!

After discussion i change my mind. Please add refrigerator with those characteristics.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

As fun as this would be as a mechanic, I'm not sure making it easier to generate even more NPC gold faster is a good decision at this time. I know it's really tempting to always ask for more faster bigger better easier ways of generating gold but it can be a dangerous path.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

What does gold and NPC have to do with it? I'm talking about accelerating fermentation in the basement. Wrong topic?

4. Coswald_Dirthmire

Whisky is often crafted with the sole intention of selling the product to an NPC as a means of earning gold

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Not my option. I make whiskey for myself and if I sell it, then in barrels to other players.

6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I know players with thousands and thousands and thousands of whiskey barrels they rotate each week for good profits. I agree with Coswald, increasing that gold faucet would probably be a bad idea at this time. Inflation is already an issue with the way loot has been amped up.

7. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

I mean that decrease time will work ONLY IF BARREL PLACED IN THE BASEMENT DIRECTLY. Not inside another container. Thousands of barrels can't be placed at the basement - there not enough space. Even if you have 5-story city-size basement.

8. Lained

Lained Avatar

Keep Stone Arena Basement has plenty of space, ;) alas I didn't take a screenshot when I had thousands placed down. :(

[​IMG]

9. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

And how many people have same basement?

10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Enough that if they all filled them up and did this, it would surely effect the inflation levels. We don't have a huge player base, don't underestimate how much damage any single player can do in this game.

Dungeons are massive too and have gotten all the same functionality as basements in the past. So they could also be utilized for stuff like this.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  11. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

I am do no means considering dungeons for this purpose. But! At Novia Market total disappear 25-years whiskey (i mean cheap one and with lots < 100 which been provided "DRINK AND SUCCEED" vendor). My first barrel ripens only after half a year. So i really hate that people who sell this whiskey to NPC. However inflation is now in full control of @that_shawn_guy - for example - he decrease COTO cost to 340 and i cant sell maple wood for 130, 5000 in stock and no any buyers who want it. Then when he will increase COTO cost again - i will lose my money anyway. Repeat again: i make alcohol for personal use and I shouldn't suffer because of the actions of the rich players. How we can control this - let the developers decide, but I believe that this idea should be implemented one way or another. There is another idea - to add a refrigeration unit with a limited radius of action to the game, which will give x2 effect, but again: what will prevent rich players from buying them in quantity ... or... Or a real refrigerator with a capacity of 300 barrels and a limit of 1 device per lot!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  12. Coswald_Dirthmire

There's 25 year whisky still out there, and at good prices. I keep it stocked on Lava Lunch in Arlia (10x for 500gp) and see it listed in other towns, and know of several people who have casks continually maturing. I also keep buy orders for wood in Arlia. They had been posted at 128 for a very long time, when wood prices (and all materials prices) went way up because of crafting changes, and now I post them at 120. 128 was the highest I'd ever placed buy orders for wood, and 120 is still higher than it's been before.

It's not accurate to say Phil's COTO Exchange (forum name @that_shawn_guy) is controlling inflation by adjusting his prices. I've never seen him do more than react to the current state of the market to keep the exchanges stocked. The COTO exchanges take a ton of dedication and time, and I'm rather thankful that the service is out there.

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  13. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Thx. I fix it.
    Really? So which state of market makes him to increase rate starting from release 91 from 272 to 345? COTO price was stable from release 86 till release 90, after release 91 all prices have risen exponentially ONLY cause he increase COTO rate. Yes, he make good work but he is monopolist and active use this. I'm understand that is just business, but for me like end-user this is very bad. But all this is offtop. My wish now is refrigerator with x2 for alcohol:
    1. Only one device can be placed at one lot (include basement and dungeon)
    2. Device must be Kobold's.
    3. Device can be crafted.
    4. Crafted device have capacity of 150 barrels
    5. More powerful device can be obtained from crown shop with capacity of 300 barrels.
    6. Both of devices decrease fermentation time to x2
    I think this idea will not collapse the market.

Crafting recipe example:
    School: Blacksmithing 100
    25x Iron ingots
    25x Copper ingots
    50x Coal
    1x Tempestry Gem
    1x Theurgy Jewel

Output:
    1x Kobold Refrigeration Device

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    that_shawn_guy likes this.
  14. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Standard supply and demand. I can't sell at X what I can't buy for <X. At least, not for very long.

If you take a look at price around that time (https://sotaprices.com/d/gZoHgVEMk/home?orgId=2&from=1623036069695&to=1628437824024) you can see the the climb in price was fairly gradual.

if you want to figure the profits during that time, check my Buy (right side, near the top) prices during that time. If you really want to dig into the history, you can use the date picker at the top right.

Anpu and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.