Dedication

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by King Robert, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Few things are more beautiful than dedication. A man of means may have access to power, influence and material pleasures. But that is not, in my view, beautiful.

What is beautiful, @Berek, is a man dedicated to a cause. A man of means who does what matters because it does matter.

Which leads me to this, my new prized possession. Not the blood of Lord British, not the POT, or multiple accounts. But this, the innocent beauty of New Old Stock Ultima 3.

What must a man do to acquire such an item? He must be dedicated.

Dedication is the most powerful force on earth.

Long Live Lord British, and those his dedicated fans. For they are dedicated.

I tried to upload the picture of my find, but I was unable.

But I share with all, the community, my love for the original Ultima that inspired me to invest heavily in this game. Ultima 3.

Take care all, and thank you @Berek

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Chris, By Tor and 9 others like this.
  2. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

I also have an old love affair going w/ Ultima 3... in my case, the NES version (the music on it is unforgettable); it was also my first (and only, if not including UO) Ultima experience.

Congratulations on your find and, speaking of matters of importance and weight in life, here are some words from Confucius:

The one who was born a genius can't win against the one who tries, and the one who tries can't win against the one who enjoys.

Man who spend all night in cathouse come home to wife who put him in doghouse.

That last one Redd Foxx said was by Confucius.

Nikko and Gregg247 like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I noticed that yesterday you said you would never post here again. I am glad that is not true, you are a true man of your word, and a huge backer of this game. I do not know what changed your mind from last night till now but if it was berek that changed your mind then he did a good deed.

Corv likes this.
  4. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

So glad you found your "holy grail." The Ultima series holds a very special place in my heart as well (especially V). Thanks to @Lord British ... The man is a hero to me.

King Robert and rpgmaniac82 like this.
  5. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm not sure if this partly went to me, but if so, thank you :). We can help share the image if you need too.

King Robert and By Tor like this.
  6. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

My love for Ultima 3 is forever. My friend, who earned an MD and PhD, helped my less than intelligent self make it through the game. I purchased the unopened boxed set for him, as a thank you and a tribute to LB. I have his blood, after all! And I am a huge fan.

7. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

@Berek A man should share in the glory that is also his.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.