Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Default Camera Behaviour/UI/Mouse Behaviour

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Lord Andernut, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Some thoughts that may be repeating others but I'd like to push in there. Understandably much of this may already be in the works/planned for future releases.

1) I am moving and running and fighting far more than I am manipulating objects on the screen, I would rather the mouse/camera default to free-look with a toggle to free-move the mouse to manipulate objects. It would be nice if a double-click took an item rather than drag/dropping it on myself.

2) I find mouse dragging objects to be more like using windows than being immersed in a game, I would like the "option" without relinquishing the ability to drag and drop (which has uses in decorating and puzzles) to have a field of focus where perhaps an item slightly changes in appearance/lights up/fogs when you can do something with it and to use a button to use it. Like lighting a torch or reading a book etc.

3) Combat - and mouse/camera/targeting action
    i) auto-selecting the main target by highlighting the one you are immediately looking at (possibly with an option to not have a circle around it's feet) would be nice, you could use a lock-target button, or have targets default to lock with the ability to "tab" between multiple viewed targets.

Though perhaps future combat will act differently and be less "real-time" running around and mouse combat will make more sense.

ii)I'd like the target in my field of focus to be the assumed target for a spell with an option, once you have a target in focus, you could "tab" between targets to change your lock.

iii) Initiate combat with a spell. Additionally I was not able to tell how to initiate combat with a spell I had to either get close with a melee weapon before casting or attack with a ranged weapon before casting.

iv) Cast a spell for fun. Because I find casting spells fun and would like to just be able to cast one without finding a target and entering "combat mode."

v) Default stance -> When you cast a spell at a monster you are not facing, ie. Fireball, the sigil is cast (which looks the same from each angle when rotating camera, I'd like to be able to rotate around a 2d or 3d sigil) the fireball will pass through your character. Either a) requiring you to be facing the monster or, preferable to me, b) the avatar turns in the direction of the monster to cast a spell/ability makes sense.

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Yeah, the current system is a bit of a clunky hybrid. It's not bad, but I'm not sure where it's going.

I would prefer Neverwinter / FPS like where mouse = camera = target. So the mouse isn't used for the UI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.