Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Default enchantment/mw items

Discussion in 'Release 46 Feedback Forum' started by Lazlo, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I've noticed that since the beginning of R46 (I believe), the behavior for selecting an item that goes onto the table when double clicking enchantment or masterwork recipes at the crafting table has changed. It used to be that the first eligible item alphabetically in your inventory would be chosen, but now items that you are currently wearing can go to the table.

Yesterday I was doing some enchanting and accidentally blew up the chest plate that I was wearing because I forgot to switch it out for the piece that I wanted to enchant. That's my mistake, and fortunately in this case it wasn't anything super expensive that can't be easily replaced, but it really shouldn't work this way.

Loading the enchantment or masterwork recipe should never grab anything that a player is currently wearing. This is less likely to be the intended piece and on average will be a more expensive loss than an inventory item in the case of an accident. It would also be nice if the last item enchanted or masterworked would always be the default to go to the table the next time the recipe is loaded in the same crafting session. This would save a lot of dragging items back and forth from bags to the table.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

release 47 instructions:

Lazlo likes this.
  3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.