Delete Character - Name Available for new?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Celthon, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

If I delete my character, will the character's name be available to re-use for the new character right away?

Will everything connected to my Pledge level (Rewards, house, lot, etc) go back into the bank as unclaimed rewards, and so be available to the new character? Will add-ons purchased from the Store also be automatically available for the new character via the bank?

I understand that anything I acquired in-game from looting, crafting, etc., will be deleted with the character, as well as any additional bank slots I purchased with in-game gold.

If I have something for sale in a Vendor, will it remain for sale after the character is deleted, and if someone then attempts to buy the item(s) after the character is deleted will it cause any issues? I do not have anything for sale, but wondered about this question, and so added it here so developers can consider it before hand if they have not already, in case it might create a hiccup in the system.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Leelu, Josh Randall and Time Lord like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Mine has been each time I have deleted him... :)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Leelu likes this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If you delete your character, you can create a new one with the same name. Everything your character is carrying in his/her inventory will be gone, so put everything in the bank first. Unfortunately, you can't put gold in the bank. If you have claimed a lot, that will remain and still be available. EDIT: Your house and everything in it will also still be there.

EDIT: I don't know about the vendor sale - I have never tried it. Extra bank slots purchased should remain. At least that is how it worked in the past. One never knows when changes will be made :)

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  4. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

The house and everything in it will remain where I currently have it placed, after I delete my character? I really like that feature, and hope it is not removed/changed.

Items I looted, crafted, picked-up from where-ever will remain in the bank when I delete the character and make a new one? I'm really glad I asked these questions before making the decision, as I obviously do not know anything about how the system in the game works...I assumed that by deleting my character I would be doing my own version of a mini-wipe, and all would be lost except the Pledge reward stuff and any add-ons I'd purchased with real money from the store.

Thank you to the developers for making this work this way. Makes it feel less like starting over at zero again. And for what it's worth I hope it remains this way in the future.

And thank you for the replies and information.

Leelu, Time Lord and Kara Brae like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Place everything in the bank and use all the gold to buy repair kits, which you can use later or sell at 1/2 price, "because your gold will not be there... but everything else will :)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Leelu and kristof like this.
  6. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Thank you sir...good advice.

I love this game, and daily find little things I was unaware of, such as keeping my house in-place and items in bank when I remake the character, which make me love this game even more.

Thank you for the replies and information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.