1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Delivery of homes to POT owners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We have changed the way we deliver homes to Player Owned Town owners. The following process will be implemented this coming Monday, August 15th:

The change applies to owners who have not claimed any home rewards in the past, if they were due homes as part of the town. (Player Owned Town homes expired in January 2016). This applies to owners regardless of the “locked” state of their town – even if the design form for the town has never been locked, the owner will receive these rewards.

Previously, town owners would select the exact homes they wanted when locking their Design Form, and then those homes would be delivered as rewards. We now allow this selection to happen in the game client instead, through the use of “Pick 1 Home” Reward Bundles.

For example, a “City” owner gets to pick 3 homes that fit on a Village Lot, 3 homes that fit on a Town Lot, and 3 homes that fit on a City Lot. If that city owner that is due homes has not received any yet, they will find in their bank (after the next Claim Rewards button click) 3 “Player Town Village Home Reward” items, 3 “Player Town Town Home Reward” items, and 3 “Player Town City Home Reward” items.

The list of expected home rewards is:

[​IMG]

Please note that backers can still choose smaller homes if they’d like – the “Pick 1 Village” reward includes all Row and Village homes available as choices, and the “Pick 1 City” contains row, village, town, and city.

Choosing the home desired will create a deed for that home and dissolve the reward item that granted it.

These “Pick 1” reward items cannot be traded to other players. The home deeds they generate will carry value and trade as other home deeds do.

Let us know if you have any questions POT owners!

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If I had a town and upgrade to my house counts upgrade also - they better just like if I have a Extra Row Lot and Upgraded to Baron the Extra Lot became a Village?

SO additonla items where upgrading even AFTER they expired, so my house count should also.

3. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

so it'll work like the pick one founder/benefactor craftring station rewards. gotcha.

thanks for letting us pick!

Leelu likes this.
  4. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Quite sure I only got 3 city homes with my metro. I'll verify and send in a ticket.

Leelu likes this.
  5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Your row was upgraded to village because that is how the wording stated.

The houses from POTs expired like the way houses recently expired from pledges. Upgrade by January - get as many as you earned to that point. Players cannot buy a holdfast now (1 village selection) to metropolis and get the 12 selections.

Possible yours was upgraded from city to metro after January?

Leelu likes this.
  6. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Yep correct. So I need to wait for Monday then.

Thanks for the clarification.

Leelu likes this.
  7. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

Just wondering if the process is implemented yet. I have "Claimed Rewards" at the bank, but it isn't showing up.

Thanks!

Leelu likes this.
  8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Same for me, will check again later.

Leelu and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Currently in progress!

10. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

I've got them. Thank you very much! :)

11. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I upgraded from City to Metro after January and did not receive the extra homes after the patch. I'll submit a ticket.

12. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

If that ticket works let us know. I know several holdfast owners that would love to upgrade now to get the rewards that expired in January.

13. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Yeah because the upgrades were made to earn a few houses which are selling for far less than Portalarium's originally anticipated values, right? The scarcasm isn't necessary.

I'm aware there was an expiration, but some of us had full intention of upgrading regardless of the home rewards and simply couldn't due to financial restraints. In both cases, whether someone couldn't immediately afford to upgrade, or if someone just sat on the submission form and didn't lock it, they both missed an expiration deadline, so to grant rewards to folks who could have done something about it in advance of the expiration, but didn't, doesn't make much sense and to disinclude the players who were dedicated to the upgrades even though they couldn't pull the trigger immediately is pretty ridiculous.

The upgrades to Dragon's Fall were community generated through donation programs we set up to create a metro community and to support Portalarium. It's a goal that was in progress for over a year and a goal we accomplished. These same players have rallied close to $700.00 (to date) in donated charity packages that were given away at in-game events. If Portalarium is going to option to still hand out rewards to people who didn't lock their forms by the expiration, they also need to give them to the folks who upgraded after January.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  14. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I literally know several players who would want to upgrade for the expired rewards.

I don't think Portalarium should hand out expired rewards unless someone was on an official payment plan prior to the expiration, similar to Lord's Pledge, I'm sure there's plenty of people who would have liked to upgrade to Lord - but couldn't due to financial reasons, similar to your example.

I'm still interested in knowing if they start handing out expired rewards.

I know a lot of people who have upgraded towns after January as well.

Perhaps I sounded sarcastic because of my opinion that expired rewards shouldn't be handed out after the clear expiry (and people dug deep for Metro upgrades to get the houses) - but that does not change the fact that I would be interested in hearing if submitting a ticket now gives people houses.

Nosarcasm.

* It does not say that if your form is unlocked you will be granted housing selections you were not otherwise entitled to. I may be misreading your post, but if someone upgraded from Holdfast with 1 selection to Metropolis last week, and had never locked their form before or after January, they still only get 1 selection.

** You were not required to choose and lock forms prior to January to get the housing selections. Your form gave you housing selections based on your city size prior to January - which you could choose at any time. (Locking the form merely made those selections "final.")

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  15. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

I'm like totally out of the loop here. Can you explain to me what this is all about? I Purchased my PoT two years ago. I locked it a few days ago (right before they mentioned that there was going to be a swamp island biome, nuts!). Does any of this affect me? Should I have done something differently? Totally confused and out of the loop. I would appreciate clarification. I mean I am quite happy with what I have! I would just like to know what's up. :)

Thank you!

Also, is there any indication that there may be a winter island biome? :O

16. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

You'll still get your home rewards Dhanan.

The people who they are denying are the ones who couldn't financially afford to upgrade by January but were already personally committed to do so. ;)

The difference is that many many months ago, Portalarium reassured PoT owners we would have the ability to upgrade even after game launch and at that time there were no mentions of reward expirations, so their plan changed after it was clearly communicated to the masses.

I have it in writing via email if anyone is interested.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Dhanan like this.
  17. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Berek I must be missing something. I have no option in the *client* to claim houses. I have nothing in my bank or inventory. (Yes, I claimed rewards again). Is this something happening at a future date? If not, how do I claim the homes?

Additionally, how do those of us who qualify claim our free homes? This had to do with the original PoT submission form and the *mishandling* of it. This thread, Darkstarr's post:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pot-submission-form-bugs.26114/page-3

Excerpt: "For now in order to fulfill our promise of city sized homes we are going to resurrect the original Lord of the Manor house and provide that as the City sized option you can pick from for your PoT. We will also be providing this house to all the Lords of the Manor as a bonus home since some preferred that layout to the current one.

We have also decided that because of our mishandling of this, as soon as we create more city sized homes, owners whose towns are Village sized or larger (which include city sized homes) will receive the new city sized homes as additions to their current selections instead of substitutions. This means, for example, that the owner of a Metropolis can earn up to 4 additional city sized homes (provided they do not select the original LotM home prior to the creation of new city sized homes). We do not yet have an estimate on when these new city sized homes will be available, but please note that these are the biggest and most complex structures to create, so it will be a while. Until that time, we ask your patience and understanding."

I'm guessing we just need to contact Portalarium Support. I really wish this announcement had been included in the 8/12 weekly update. Would have saved me some stress....LOL!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Dhanan likes this.
  18. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

I just assumed that they weren't doing that any more. Good question, for I did not select the LotM home!

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  19. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Oh no, they are still supposed to be doing it. Sure wish I could recall a more recent thread where I was asking about it. I ended up eating crow because I misunderstood part of what what was being said. :eek: In any case, I just need to know how to claim them and then I'll be contacting Portalarium about that extra house :)

Dhanan likes this.
  20. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

Thank you for the update! If you find out any more relevant information, could you let me know? I suppose one e-mail to them concerning this should be enough eh? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.