Dev made items.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by azurewave, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azurewave

azurewave Avatar

I feel the dev made items are obviously pay to win @DarkStarr. I hope people chime in to let you know how big of a mistake your making for game balance, the fun of players as well as player retention. I have played 14 hours a day on average the past 3 months if you do something like this again I WILL QUIT.

THIS IS PAY TO WIN. If anyone would like to make an argument otherwise please feel free to below.

You cannot tell me that +17 Mossy Green Handle Weapons are balanced. You all should know better.

2. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

you are wrong for one reason and one reason only, All the items and skill levels used, are set to Attainable Levels, that any player can Reasonably achieve. I understand your frustration but you are wrong here. anything that can be bought in the add on store can be made/ bought in game with IGG.

Dhanas, Olthadir, Sway and 2 others like this.
  3. azurewave

azurewave Avatar

Please tell me how many Mossy Green Handles you have been able to obtain since release of them? @HogwinHD

Vallo Frostbane likes this.
  4. azurewave

azurewave Avatar

I own 2 Mossy Green Spears btw. Neither enchanted or masterworked because it took me paying someone for 1 week of troll farming for each of them.

5. golruul

golruul Avatar

Can someone explain what's going on here?

I'm particularly interested in winning the game upon purchase of a handle.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

How much did u pay?

7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

There is indeed a thin line between pay2win and pay2save time...

but then again... since web sites exist so you can purchase powerful items that are not even available in the cash shop... kina makes the point moot being pervasive in the industry.

This latter part is much more worrying... especially with the oracle acting as an insurance courtier.

8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are very sorry that our participation in an auction that benefits charity has made you feel that the game has suddenly become pay to win and that you suddenly feel the need to quit. That was certainly not our intention.

When crafting these items we did indeed use some rare components that would normally take a very long time to gain. As you yourself then later posted they are attainable in the game however so they are not something that is completely out of reach even if they are very rare.

When we made the decision to use those components and other materials we did not gather ourselves we were completely transparent about it. We made that decision to shortcut the gathering process because we need to balance how much time we could spend on making these items versus making the game (while at the same time we wanted to support this worthy cause).

With that said all the other steps were done just like a normal player including making and blowing up 1000+ items. I literally worked 4 days straight to make the set that's being auctioned!

We deemed it no different than if another player crafted them and decided to sell them on the Player Marketplace for real money which is not against our rules and not pay to win.

Also important to remember that while gear can sometimes make a difference in the outcome of an encounter your character's skills and how you use them are MUCH more important than your gear so even if you did buy really great gear if your character isn't strong and you don't know how to use your skills no gear is going make you better.

9. azurewave

azurewave Avatar

@Ahuaeynjgkxs If you can show me a website selling anything close to a +17 Mossy Green Spear I would be very interested in seeing that!

@golruul They can pull as many as they want out chests. Send them a pm maybe they will sell you one directlyxD Sarcasm. But serious, if you want to raise money for charity make deco or emotes or pets or something. Selling mechanical advantages is just irresponsible, and a slipper slope.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  10. azurewave

azurewave Avatar

I am sorry I am being so upset but I really love your game and I find this to be the most troubling of presidents. I would argue gear is most certainly important @DarkStarr. I am level 99.5 and can do as much as the 108-110 players I know. Gear is very much a factor in that as much as play skill and xp.

11. azurewave

azurewave Avatar

I would really love if the gear that was put into the game previously at skill 200 be changed but I know that's a just a dreamxD Honestly I feel a lot of the gear is actually okay but if you look at Rok's stuff you see how it's not comparable to gear available in the game.

12. azurewave

azurewave Avatar

@DarkStarr I am sorry I can't equate 4 days of crafting to 14 days to get 2 handles that will probably break when I enchant and masterwork more than 2/2.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  13. azurewave

azurewave Avatar

@Chris Is gear important for PvP?

14. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

@azurewave You are so incredibly mistaken here. The fact that the development team is willing to give of their valuable time to support a community effort is great. The items they have created will deteriorate just like any others. This is not "pay to win". I hope you'll continue with the game but you have to make that choice. Thanks for the donations @DarkStarr

15. azurewave

azurewave Avatar

@Onyx I am not, I play the game to be the best in the game. This directly stops me from doing that without participating in this real money event.

16. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Then it sounds like you need to find a new game. Good luck, it’s tough being the best in the game”.

Olthadir and Elwyn like this.
  17. azurewave

azurewave Avatar

@Onyx The development team spent their time irresponsible if you ask me. This should have been handled by player crafters. This last patch was so buggy and this is what gets worked on...

@Baene Thorrstad Well if this continues I will quit. Then I hope you enjoy having to pay to be at the top instead of being good<3

18. DarkStarr

Azurewave has an honest concern, I responded.

I'm locking the thread before it devolves into combative behavior between posters.

19. DarkStarr

Further clarification: I did most of the crafting at home on my own time including over the weekend, sacrificing time with my family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.