Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Devotionals need a confirmation!

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Alrik Doom, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I moved all the devotionals off the main public square over to the museum so you're safe there now, no accidental blessings.

I'm not sure.... 70-75 I think.

Bow Vale and Duke Avery like this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Please do not include a prayer emote for those of us who do not think it is appropriate to pray to these devotionals or whomever they represent. @Chaox

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Blasphemy! If you don't think it's appropriate, then you shouldn't get the buff!

4. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

How cool would it be if each devotional required a different action/offering to get the blessing... one devotional could require an offering of a gold coin, while another would require an animal carcass of maybe the hand of someone defeated in PVP. Or there could be emotes specific to each devotional that require the player to complete a quest to obtain prior to getting the emote, ergo, the blessing.

5. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

While personally I like this idea... I don't know how it would fly in the overall community. I think at least having some kind of intentional act of "worship" even as simple as "activating" the devotional itself, would be a good first step.

Tiina Onir and Duke Avery like this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Just have each devotional linked to your PayPal or bank account and sent Portalarium $1 for each use as a tithe.

Aldo likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I personally think the best solution is to make it so that double clicking the devotional gets you the blessing.

Womby, uhop and Aldo like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

or 'e' key ;) and still plays a chime or 'ta da' ')

uhop, Barugon and Aldo like this.
  9. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Falling Waters Fortress also has all 11 Devotionals up (and we plan to stay that way R40 and on). We are a Metropolis just north up the coast from Brittany that is roughly 90% occupied on max lot space. Feel free to drop by any time. There is a walled fortress near the center of town and the Devotionals are scattered around the inner wall (mostly near the entrance/exit gates).

Barugon and Duke Avery like this.
  10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Perhaps a quest per each devotional will make it into the game in the longer run.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Definitely discovering devotionals should at least be one of many achievenents and or tasks.

12. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

I'd like to see more done with them in the future since they are the first (?) placeable elements to display this game's (arguably) most important symbols in-game. Also, running by something or accidentally brushing into it doesn't really seem to be much of a devotion to anything really. Maybe a variation of the water well emote will work for starters, or double-click at the least (like what is going on in certain quest type spots in Xenos)? There are several good suggestions in this thread.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  13. Curt

Curt Avatar

So how close do you need to be? Maybe reducing that distance a bit could help with this issue.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I just checked this out and it's nearly impossible to get the blessings I want (Honor and Compassion). I got everything adjacent to them.

15. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In Rift's End we have all the Devotionals and our Governor @Kvow Triumvir has added a sign next to each Devotional that displays the buff you get. The extra signs make the area look cluttered (in my opinion), but it is possible to view the buffs from a distance and then cautiously approach only the two devotionals that have the buffs you want. Since this was done I have no more problems getting the buffs I want, but I wish the Devotionals themselves would show their buffs so that the signs, which take up valuable deco slots, could be removed.

Tiina Onir likes this.
  16. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'd very much like the devotionals to show the buff you'll get as part of the tool-tip.
    I still think we should have to kneel or something for the devotion. There are a lot of good ideas floating around for this.

Kara Brae and Lord Ravnos like this.
  17. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I don't know, I get a creepy feeling kneeling or bowing or praying to a devotional. For sure it does not fit with my religious beliefs. I don't have any problem with others praying to some imaginary entity, but for me I vote for simply walking up to the buff dispensary and not requiring some form of worship to get the buff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.