Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

@ Devs - About frequency of drops - Question

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Odyssey2001, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Does the frequency of the drops depend on whether you just visit an area for the first time or if you have been spamming/grinding the area?

If you kill a monster once then leave ( like a lich ) would the odds be higher of a high valued drop than if you stay there and grind/spam the scene.? So if one wants to get the best odds of getting a high valued loot then it would best to move around from scene to scene instead of staying in the same place all the time..

eg: Go to scene for first time and kill lich and odds at 15%,, continue killing lich and it lowers to 2%
    eg: Go to scene and kill lich and odds at 15% then leave scene and go kill another high level mods at 15% then it resets loot counter for previous scene so if you go back the odd chance is back up at 15%..

It been mentioned that the devs wanted users to move around more, and I am wondering if this is one the methods they are using.

ADDED: I also ask this question because I was at Owls Head Sewers Yesterday Release 550 and noticed ( 50% potions reduction in the patch notes ) that I was no longer getting anything from the lichs... NO POTIONS OR RECIPES OR ANY ELSE OF VALUE in over 2 hours of grinding there. So this means that I have no more reason to go back there, but if I knew there was a greater chance the first visit of each time I go there then I would..

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Gurney2, Rada Torment and Leelu like this.
  2. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

The frequency of drops is coming from a secret rng made by evil Chris (j/k)... From my experience : the more you stay, the more you will get; thats what people are doing like staying forever in the rise or in some dungeon (or scènes) places.
    I never had a drop (artifact, recipes, ...) at my first kill, i allways had to stay at one place during hours to get Something.
    The VERY BAD thing (to me ) is that even REAGENTS (like trolls heads) seem to have the same drop rate as artifacts !!

3. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Troll Heads drop very often. But I wonder what else can I do with the head than selling?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Do trolls give pristine head? I'd love to mount a troll head.

Montaigne likes this.
  5. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I never had a pristine troll head, but I thought, the normal troll heads can be mounted.

6. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

Troll heads >> are for regen potions (i have the recipe) !!

Rada Torment likes this.
  7. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Indeed, troll heads now worth for alchemy! finally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.