Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Devs: Dragging items

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Barugon, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why did you add the control key modifier to drag a single item if you were just going to make dragging a single item the default? Can you please make it so that the entire stack is dragged by default?

Scraps, Kara Brae, Retlaw and 5 others like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I've noticed that with moving items into a chest. It's a pain in the rear to have to shift-drag just to type in the number of items in the stack.

Protip: If you try to drag two stacks at once, both entire stacks are moved. Not always an option, but worth remembering.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks for fixing this in 345! :)

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

OK, so I thought this was fixed because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This is an issue with "Decoration Mode". This only activates when you are standing inside of any property lot that you have privileges to move stuff around.

If you go to the controls configuration, you will see an unbound item named something like Toggle Decoration Mode. Assign a key to it, I used keypad +. Then you use that key to enable/disable Decoration Mode.

When Decoration Mode is disabled, you will not be able to drag placed items around, but dragging inventory stacks will now work as expected.

helm, Lord Barugon and Retlaw like this.
  6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Would make more sense if this worked like buying does: double click a stack to receive a slider bar to pick what size to pull off the existing stack. Then drag whichever stack to the container/bank. Ctrl+drag is less than effective and I find myself dragging the window around more often than I appreciate.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks for that Elwyn. It was a bit of a mystery why dragging the entire stack would sometimes work and other times not. I'll check this out when I get home.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  8. helm

helm Avatar

Thank you Elwyn, I wondered about that too. Works exactly like you described. This should probably be part the the game instructions / known issues.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I still think that dragging the entire stack should be the default, whether you're in decoration mode or not, and dragging single items is done by holding down the control key.

Scraps likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.