Did I mess up my questing with mistakes? Should I reset?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Selenia, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selenia

Selenia Avatar

After a few days of playing and trying out different systems, I can say that I like the game. I especially like the questing, and the deck building aspect for combat is a ton of fun.

Just wondering... I've noticed that a number of my quests are bugged. Those in Soltown want me to do quests that I can't complete because I didn't start in Soltown. I did some, but not all, of the quests in the Red River Massacre and I don't think I can ever get back to that instance, etc... I'm sure this is all because the game is in development and I'm not complaining. But will this impact me in the future if I decide to keep this character? I want to be able to complete all three major questlines, I don't want to be bugged out of any because of what I did when I was just starting.

Any recommendations? Should I reset now and try to do better? I only have six hours of playtime or so. Or maybe just play around doing whatever now and reset when the game is actually released? Or am I okay and should I just dive in and play? Ideally, I'd rather keep this char, but it would suck to find out at some later point that I am irretrievably bugged and need to reset anyway.

Thanks!

2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

The short answer is that you are fine.

There is one Solace Bridge quest you can't do if you didn't start in Solace Bridge, finding Charlotte Grey. Even though you can talk to her mother, and it seems like you're being given a quest, you won't find that quest in your journal. The Path of Love starts with Guard Stanley in Soltown, who will send you to Ardoris.

If you started in Blood River, That's the Path of Truth, which picks up in Aerie.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

To add to what Frank said.

The devs have said that it is more than likely that we will get an opportunity to reset quests and virtues when game reaches Commercial Launch.

So I'd also say that you are fine.

4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I sure hope so. I completed the Path of Love after they said they were almost done with it and moving onto lines with the next release. Then they announce uncloning Brookside and adding a quest on the Path there. Being able to go back and revisit finished paths after the polish is finished would be nice. I've been avoiding starting courage or truth in order to avoid missing things. Which in turn, doesn't really help test them at the production stage.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Acred like this.
  5. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I'd like to pose a different opinion @Ragthor -

If you don't absolutely despise having to start the game again, I'd suggest restarting your character. If you put all your belongings into the bank you won't actually lose anything (other than your skills and gold).

Many player who have been here from very early on on the game went through a complete world wipe of ll our skills, stats, items, etc every three months until a handful of months ago. Whilst painful you definitely learn a lot through repeating it. Also, if you have no come very far yet, you're not giving up all that much. If you find out in 4 months that the 'bug' your experiencing is holding you back, you'll be less inclined to start over as you've invested so much more.

Finally, I read your new player feedback with much interest. I'd love to hear what your experiences starting on a different path. I'm also curious to see how your experience changes with a little extra knowledge. Let the devs know what was much easier to do once you have a smattering of advice - that feedback would help a lot to make the new player experience better.

Good luck!
    Astor

6. Selenia

Selenia Avatar

Thanks for the advice anyone. I'll think on it. I am currently leaning toward doing a reset and starting in Soltown from the beginning, I'll decide sometime today.

Thanks!

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am really enjoying reading your feedback Ragthor and to reiterate questing is still a bit barebones and definitely incomplete to say the least. It will continue to get polished and updated as development continues. I'm hoping for a quest reset at launch at least. ;) and of course tons of sidequests of all types;) thanks again for what you are doing in sharing your experiences with us. :) I am Majoria in game if I can help.

8. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Find a friend in game who you can trust, you can have them hold your gp until you get back.
    Note: the trust part........

9. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Or if you trust nobody (or have no friends) - you could also buy something that has a good resale market. The spread on COTO's is about 10%-15% but you can buy and sell any time. Other stuff like ore could even cut you a profit if you shop carefully

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

a: put something on your vendor with a cost of how much gold you have
    b: buy it
    c: that money leaves your inventory and goes to your bank, waiting for you to pick it up as the seller

11. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, there were plans to do the quest reset somewhere around July. Not at Launch as was previously suggested. Not entirely sure though- perhaps somebody else could corroborate.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

firesparx and Sir_Michael like this.
  13. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You can get your task list reset at a Town Crier. This will let you at least get the impossible tasks off of the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.