Did I miss something in a snowy mountains road encounter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hsitirb, Mar 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

Wondering if anyone can help me out. I’m in a snowy mountains road encounter with naughty brats. I pretty sure I’ve taken out all the brats. No boss showed but wasn’t expecting any nor did a merchant, bounty hunter, etc. So maybe I missed something but have run around the whole zone and don’t see any remaining mobs. I’ve harvested every node I’ve seen.

Also scattered throughout the area are several locked chests. I can’t open them and can’t find a key. Though wasn’t expecting a boss now I’m wondering if there should be one with a key.

Anyone know how to open these chests?

Thanks

Elgarion likes this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

In the naughty brat scene's there's a key called something like 'naughty brat toy chest key' or somesuch - its a random drop from the brats, so if its those chests, possibly you just didn't get the key to drop. Same keys as in the revised krampus encounter afaik. I don't think there's a boss in these ...maybe Krampus comes if he's in season? Haven't done enough of them to know.

Elgarion and Prada like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When completing the wave battles in overland encounters, you have a chance that a random NPC will appear in the scene. They do not show up 100% of the time.

Do note: If you do not clear the area entirely of all hostile creatures when finishing the wave battles, the NPC can appear and if a hostile creature sees them, they can be killed (this is intentional).

Brittle Naughty Brat Toy Chest Key can sometimes be found from killing a Naughty Brat:

This quest item key has a chance to drop from killing a Naughty Brat. These keys can be used on the locked chests that are usually found around where Naughty Brat's are found. You can only carry one of these keys on you at a time, and these keys cannot be sold or traded to other players.

Of note: This key is a Quest Item, and is yellow and shows in your quest items in your inventory. If you have the option to hide quest items option in your inventory, you will not see these keys.

Krampus is a seasonal creature and is not in the game currently, in the 2 areas he can appear in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.