Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Died while dodging

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by KuBaTRiZeS, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I'm taking damage from dodged strikes. I wasn't sure until i died after a dodge. Here's a screenshot of the log.
    [​IMG]
    As far as i know dodge is supposed to prevent all incoming damage on succesful dodge so... bug!

EDIT: After this i'm paying more attention while fighting ranged enemies and it does happen... no wonder why increasing dodge didn't increase my survivability! please fix :(

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Dodge

Reduces damage received from the next enemy attack.

[​IMG]
    Skill: Light Armor Combat Glyph
    Type: Active
    Focus Cost: 3
    Required Equipment: Light Armor

I think the Satyr was right, "Try to run! It'll be more fun, ho-hah!"

3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

If that's the case, then the amount of damage from the attack that was dodged should be listed in log. Like it does with Glancing Blow. So seems like a bug to me, or at least add the damage info to the combat log.

KuBaTRiZeS and Noric like this.
  4. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

:(

I can only say i didn't read it by myself because i didn't want to face the sad truth... thanks @Ludwig Drakenfels for the clarification! and @Adam Crow is completely right. The reduced damage should appear in the combat log.

If the skill is not bugged, at least i am. That just means dodge and glancing blow are exactly the same! With the difference that glancing blow gives a 10.1 modifier at level 1 and dodge is 10.3 at 53 (my current skill value). So i guess this is just another thing to complain about :D

I still have to see the same behavior when attacked in melee... Maybe it's related on how dodge works?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting! We are agreeing that the description for Dodge needs to be updated to reflect how it currently operates. Its current description does make it appear to resemble Glancing Blow a little too much. Dodge is meant to increase one's chance of avoiding a hit from multiple attacks for the duration.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Sorry for the clarification but... by avoid you meant to completely reduce the damage to 0? I'd like to know if suffering damage when "dodging" is really a bug or not... mostly to take it in consideration for a thread i'm going to start next week :p

7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, as in you would have a chance to completely avoid damage from a hit. Have you been able to reproduce this issue? I trust that you did in fact die, but whether it was a failure on the part of the dodge, or whether another attack occurred that simply failed to register its damage in the combatlog post-dodge we are curious about.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  8. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Yeah, since i died i started to pay more attention when fighting ranged enemies and there are times when dodge triggers but i get damage. That happened even when fighting against just one ranged enemy. Haven't observed the issue when melee attacks were dodged.

Problem is that the combat log doesn't display me taking damage while dodging, so it's hard to "report" those with more than a "hey it happened!". Should i try to get the time of the "failed dodges" from the combat log, then post it here so you guys can take a look? (assuming you can get more data of what happened to me checking that time).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.