Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Disappointed in crafting, and some other comments…

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by Vaclav, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro Luis

Pedro Luis Avatar

....would be discouraging for me to play a game that you easily do the items, this would be sad =((.. When I was a UO player my characters were not warriors or mages, but crafters. Which makes me really appreciate a good armor is to see how much effort was put into it, not only it´s attributes... (UO had the best crafting system that I played in a game, by far...)

2. Busukaba

Busukaba Avatar

Not sure how you think I'm twisting your words. On multiple occasions you mention that the crafting system is no challenge and that all someone needs to do is google recipes. All I'm saying is that most games give you the recipes. It's one step less than googling but all information is known in both instances. I'm not saying I'm really for or against either method, merely offering a compromise suggestion between the two. As for the BE, it was merely put down as an example that making crafting "difficult" is not a solution to the problem.

Now many people on the thread, including myself, agree with some of your suggestions, such as crafting being fueled by skill level. I do understand your point but also warning that you cannot make a crafting system "difficult" and have it appeal to the masses, it simply doesn't work that way. It has to remain user friendly and approachable or no one but the hardcore are going to use it. I know people don't want this to end up like other games, but if SOTA is going to make money and not be a niche game it needs to be enjoyable in all facets. While crafting right now is not especially fun, ramping up the difficulty does not make it more fun.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.