Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Discussions: Heraldry System

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That's in the states.. most everywhere else that'd be illegal. :) Though I'm pretty sure the point of individuals not having them is incorrect.

Sir Frank likes this.
  2. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

It seems that the "technical requirements" were never completely communicated to the COA. It makes zero sense to me that something that was worked on for YEARS with the same fairly well fleshed out generator would suddenly NOT meet specifications if the system had been looked at in any way by the devs.

One way I can see this working out well would be to offer two options:
    • A Blazon: A lower cost option that creates an image similar to what we can make with the current generator. A simple image that is placed in the center of a heraldry object. Useful for individuals or guilds.
    • A Crest: A higher cost, more detailed option that will produce heraldry patterns similar to what we have already created through the original COA generator, that will display fields as well as the devices and such across the whole surface of the item.
    Just a few cents thrown at the wall :p

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

We have no way of knowing that technical specs where not met in any way or how much work the devs did or did not do. Could it have been done better? Yes. However, I will not discount the possibility of improvement or assume a lack of competence on anyone's part.

4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Actually, yes, we do:
    As for the rest, I cast no aspersions on anyone's competence, but rather stated what is apparent given current facts. I have no doubt that this is going to improve, and have said as much elsewhere, and was merely offering up a suggestion where this can meet both the expectations of pledgers, and also be used to provide more options that can increase income as more players come to desire this feature.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I shall stand corrected then. Though I am now curious what those technical specs where exactly.

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@Lord Tachys al`Fahn, @Bowen Bloodgood... to what end? You could ask the member of the College of Arms, but why? What would you gain from knowing the details? I was a member of the College of Arms, and have some minimal insight, but don't see how talking about them now would make any material difference.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Questions:
    1. Is it possible to make an approved device adorn the supplied shield and armor, or must I Salvage those pieces, retrieve the eternal pattern, and then reshape a crafted piece?
    2. If it is possible to decorate the existing pieces without salvaging them, how is this done?

Lained likes this.
  8. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

They never gave us specs to meet, in spite of us asking many times.
    We were on our own to come up with something, and they'd see if they could use it.
    We took our best guesses.
    Then it was very much, "we're ready to work on this now, give us what you have, and we'll take it from here."
    They're now realizing some of the issues we were challenged with, and were unable to solve them before the R52 deadline, so removed major parts.
    Divisions of the field are very difficult when you don't know the size and shape needed, so they were removed.
    Scaling and properly placing charges is impossible when you don't know the size and shape of the field.
    We still have the opportunity to add features in the future, and perhaps the generator will become an amazing tool.
    Until then, we at least have the ability to upload something, now knowing how they'll be applied to objects.

Kory is doing an amazing job, considering the circumstances.

9. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

@Sir Frank , you have been nothing but exceptional all these years. You are like a shining beacon in an abyss of darkness for a long duration. I really do admire your steadfastness as most have fallen along the way. Knowing you are involved with the process actually helps the game tremendously. Although I am no longer eligible for the family crest, I thank you for your tremendous work, then and now.

10. Sir Frank

I'm sorry we made you feel that way.

Ronan, Numa and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

It is not your fault. I don't think you were not there on the video chat event.

Thank you for the apology.

Ronan, Numa and Sir Frank like this.
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I can make assumptions about who was there... If I'm correct, they... separated from the College long ago... Those remaining are reasonable folk.

Ronan, Numa, Bowen Bloodgood and 2 others like this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Ok... So, I'm a Heraldry Geek... I've been a Heraldry Geek since I was maybe 8 or 9 years old... I was a Baronial Herald in the SCA... I was a member of the College of Heralds for SotA... The Heraldry reward as you can well imagine was and is near and dear to my heart... I've anticipated being able to display mine own in game, and help others do the same for 4 years.

This morning I left to go see a movie... (Ready Player One... It's FUN... go see it) and at that time my Device was still pending approval.
    When I got back, it was approved!
    So, I get in-game and run around and experiment and craft up a set of armor and salvage the patterns I want and Apply them and equip them and... (holding breath)

[​IMG]

COMPLETE BUZZKILL, MAN!!

Beaumaris, Spoon, Numa and 3 others like this.
  14. Sir Frank

Transparent background gone too far!

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And Royal Purple applied to the Shield comes out Black...
    I, for obvious reasons, can't see what happens on the chest and legs when the same is applied.

16. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Yup, gov - at last patch the heraldry greatness went poof.

[​IMG]

17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

:(

There goes my idea.

Everything else I wear is royal purple.

18. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm afraid to log in with Bowen now. lol I managed to get mine approved pretty early though I had to rebuild it and took out the backgrounds so it would look better.

ok.. let me see what the damage is.. fortunately the background on my fur is white.. and I seem to have survived the patch.

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I managed the purple on the shield with Light Purple... Might try Purple, or some of the Reds to see what purples you can get.

[​IMG]

20. Lained

Lained Avatar

First thing I did was apply the royal purple dye to each of the heraldry items. Still haven't figured out how to dye a shield though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.