Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Display all players on Overworld map.

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i requeste this a lot of times.. and on 2017 it's time again.
    Please Developers, make the overworld map mutliplayer (just these 2 maps.. Hidden Vale and Novia)
    i have to play single mode to gain pool and money.. but i really want to see someone in this game. (maybe just to talk.. or to see where players are running/fighting)

if someone is worried about to see someone else .. just add a clickabe flag [x] Overworld multiplayer

2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

there are times (most of the times for me) when the OW is laggy as freaking hell in MP... and my quickest fix to it is switching to SP... :D

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Still best to make it so people want to log into MPO for adventuring instead of SPO/FPO. If that were true, no solution like this would be need to be suggested.

But anyway something you're left out is also seeing people on the overworld is a good way to find people to meet up for groups. So someone wants to form a party and go into The Fall, so he hangs around the overland map near some major crossroad in the region near The Fall asking people who stop by. This would be a good way to utilize camping if it comes in the game later; people could start campsites visible on the OW and one reason would be to advertise "I'm looking for people." Then add to that, noticeboards for advertising group-ups across regions.

But I do agree with you anyway that seeing other players on the overworld is really helpful for the game experience.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think that there should not be a 20 second timer when switching modes on the world map.

5. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

I would like being able to switch between "multiplayer/party only" every time when I am about to enter a scene, like having a checkbox next to the "enter" button.

Stundorn likes this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Plus an indicator of how much players are in the MP scene.
    It would be cool to have a window open if i click on a scene on the OW map to choose between modes that says
    MPO x-players.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You can kinda switch the game mode without having to re-login into the game, right?

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, that's new in R41.

9. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I still hold a negative opinion on the overworld and what they've done (or lack of) so far. Very little progress in over 2 years it looks like, with exception of many things now we at least can explore all of Novia... It seems like there is a lot of system support still missing, things we have been asking for since the beginning.
    Players been shown is a small portion of the issue, and there needs to be other factors - like adventuring skills which enable players to hide from others, act as entire group (instead of group spread all over half of Novia!). I think with group players the idea is really to get them travelling all as one, with a purpose, as opposed to just letting everybody share a 'group chat' whilst still running around with little purpose.
    It would be cool to see some encounters which are able to be entered by those which did not instantiate them.

Salix likes this.
  10. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

the issue is not the 20 seconds... is the LOADING TIME of the scene... now to view a scene it's necessary to wait 15-30 seconds .. a switch mean: 15+15+20 to 30+30+20 seconds...

50 seconds to 80 seconds ..
    and removing the 20 seconds on overworld maps mean:
    30 seconds to 1 minute.. that is too much

if a player what to see other players on the overworld map is necessary to add a "flag" .. that mean: exiting from Owl's Head (single mode) to Hidden valle (multiplayer) .. in about 15-20 secs. (and not 30-50 secs)

Quenton likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, that 20 second timer is OK for you then.

[edit] BTW, I personally don't want it to automatically switch to multiplayer mode on the world map.

12. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

nope.. i think that teleport/recall/multi<>single timer on overworld map need to be reduced in all cases to 7 seconds...

Barugon likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think that it should be just like when you're on the world map and exit. There's no timer and that's how switching modes should be.

Also, there's only one scene load when you switch modes, not two.

14. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

yep.. but are 2 if a player exit from a combat scene to a Overworld map scene...
    15+20+15 (for example)

DR to Hidden Vale = 15
    switch timer = 20
    reloading Hidden Vale = 15

reducing switch time make only : 15+7+15 ...

better add a FLAG on SOTA options.. that make this:

DR (single) to Hidden vale (Multi) = 15 (no other step)

in my case... i very like to wait only 15 secs to see someone on the game.

15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

They explained on the post-mortem why the timer needed to stay, and I'm okay with that, but I do miss being able to choose which mode I'm on when I start the game. At the moment I think its just putting me on whatever I was last on, which is annoying, because I log in and wait for the scene to load and realize I'm on friends mode and then I get to wait 20 sec and then get to wait for the scene to load again. I'd like to have the option on the login screen back!

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Actually, that's not what you're usually requesting :p
    Usually you are requesting to force major hubs into online mode.
    But what you posted now is a nice idea.
    I can agree with that.

Gatsu. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.