Display Object Suggestion

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

[​IMG]

So a recent discussion reminded me of the basic notion of objects intended to display items and that such objects are unique. Odds are a system hasn't been devised to interact with and use any such items one might expect to. So I figured, what the hell. I'll come up with something.

What you're seeing in the image here is my old weapon rack in a mockup of how I might approach setting up a display object (in this case my weapon rack) to allow players to mount their own weapons. Devs should recognize this as being based on the current house decoration system which uses planes to define the floors and walls.

In this case, red is small weapons (ie daggers).. blue if medium sized weapons, green is pole arms, orange could be a hat/helm or something that can hang.. yellow is for shields.

For some obvious reasons it might not be feasible to stack weapons like I have this (the kobold war hammer comes to mind) but I think the idea is more or less self explanatory at this point.

Any object meant to display other items could be set up in a similar fashion. It's just a matter of defining what can go where. Weapon racks, hat stands, display cases.. whatever. I believe it's possible to use the same system for all.

It probably goes without saying that these are meant to be fixed locations where items are locked into place.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Oh.. right.. almost forgot.

With something like this you could possibly mount appropriate items in the same way you would decorating your house.. OR.. possibly double click to access an object inventory and have anything you place be mounted for you if a spot is available to display. If not, the item will be placed back into your inventory with a message that there is no room for that kind of item.

Remove an item from the display or the display's inventory will of course remove both instances of said item.

3. Sofiamia

Sofiamia Avatar

I've wanted one of these since I first started stealing weapons from the racks in the towns. Now that I have my own house it would be nice to display the weapons and armor I make. Good job!

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.