Disruption of Events in PvP POT's...

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Cupid, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Vengeance has events as well, hmm i remember someone attacking people at the auction, i also remember attacks going on at the pvp events as well, where i was a victim a lot that night but we had people that would attack them back the event went on and was done. Many events get attacked in PVP zones or pot, if you dont like it then dont play PVP, just for the record Pk means Player killer, if im pvp and i attack you and kill you, I am a player killer, if you attack and kill me your are now a pkr. I hope to whatever they never let you control PVP!!! ban me from your town make it invis to me anything works and doesnt bother me ill just kill and be killed and enjoy PVP.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

"control of PVP!!!" What are you talking about?

I don't want to ban you from anything, I just don't want massive chaos substituting for meaningful pvp.

3. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

Pvp is chaotic, and controlling it enables favor for one side.

blaquerogue and PK U like this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

You understand this is a game right?

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

When I see that word meaning full pvp I instantly see arenas and ladders, also bgs like warsong or arathi basin.

All other pvp is about timing positioning numbers awareness or lack of, i.e and yes ganking if ur stupid enough to get cought we all do then u die. chaotic pvp or real pvp depending on your view point.

I expect both in this game.

blaquerogue likes this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

I don't think about arenas or ladders when I think about meaningful pvp. When I think about meaningful pvp I think that players are always capable of killing each other but when they do it's for more than simply the fact that they can.

Duke Avery likes this.
  7. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

Did I stutter. What might be fun for you might not be fun for others. You have your point of view and I have mine. I think controls will unbalance pvp and make it less fun for the average pvp player. YMMV

Minerva and blaquerogue like this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Well here's where you Ravicus SALES and others have a huge problem.

The Kickstarter read as follows:

Meaningful PVP that also minimizes griefing:

An incentive-driven system will draw players into the challenge and intrigue of the PVP experience, whether they become the hunter or the hunted!

That's not a "chaotic" experience. That's very far from chaotic.

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They should offer that style of pvp I agree threw an arena system siege or bgs.

Leave the hardcore pvp for those with the stomache for it though.

blaquerogue likes this.
  10. Drocis the Devious

Ok, well we disagree.

Rats Nest wasn't designed with 100% chaos in mind, it was designed to support chaotic experiences for sure, but it was never designed to be Planetside. If there's a POT out there that wants to be Planetside, more power to them. Enjoy.

11. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

I don't want to get into a tit for tat argument with you because you want to control every conversation. "Meaningful" is subjective to each individual player. Griefing is also subjective to "feelings" and how people perceive combat. Again, depends on the individual. I do not think griefing in pvp is possible except one using exploits. There is a report button for that. There is a language filter also I think. When people take online gaming to serious and think that online pvp RP is a direct attack on the personal real life character then maybe it would be griefing. But in game taunting and rudeness is sometimes just placed to initiate conflict.

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Idk mabey there is a way the devs can add an in between pot with more sofecore tendencies idk food for though.

blaquerogue and Ravicus Sales like this.
  13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'm pretty sure that's the arena they're putting in and the one they already have. Also, the oracle system applies to that already with world pvp... it tells you who's looting you and when they give loot back to you and when they don't and tracks all of that in the game as well...

Not a huge problem, just a difference of opinions on what that up there means. I think being able to pay $ for an advantage in an open-pvp town is not a meaningful system and isn't incentive driven... it's pay-to-win.

14. Drocis the Devious

There's no need. All I require is NPC Guards.

15. Drocis the Devious

Are you saying NPC Guards is an advantage? Please explain?

I'm getting a kick out of resistance to NPC Guards. It's a staple in just about every game in existence.

Also, P2W, what are you talking about? Win what?

16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I dont mind the guards idea but dont understand how you would use them, they would attack your own people unless you have somes pecial rules for them. It also sounds like they can be used to gain an advantage.

17. Drocis the Devious

The interim solution would have them attack my own people, yes. They would need a KOS List, like Shadowbane and many other games have had.

Why would that be a problem?

18. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

They're in your bank. I already put them up. They're already fully functional for release imo. (they look the part but don't fight)

Once you can buy them in a prt and upgrade to them with gold I think they should be a functional purpose because then everyone can have them. Until them they're a cosmetic option.

I fully get that we have a pre-alpha game and that you're talking about the fully released and feature complete version. I just don't see you saying that. You're okay with waiting a couple years if needed for those guards, right?
    *points up*

It's all about how you want to get them... you want them to be part of your PvP POT when they're not in PRT or available to POTs that aren't metropolis in size... as soon as you give a PVP advantage based on $... it's pay-to-win. That's why I refuse to buy into Star Citizen.

Minerva likes this.
  19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

You can place them to bottle neck, hidden or on the fly all 3 sound like an advantage.

20. Drocis the Devious

Actually I think they should be in by R32, but my expectation is that it may take a few months more than that.

If people don't want to deal with my NPC Guards, don't go to my POT. Seems simple enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.