Do rainy days cause more breakage enchating and masterworking?

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Mac2, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

For me it seems I break more stuff when it raining out. It is very VERY possible I am suffering from confirmation bias on this, so I pose this question to the community to see others results if they want to test this.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Can't confirm that.
    But it would be awsome ^^

Mac2 likes this.
  3. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I can't confirm this to be true,even though I try to pay attention to weather and daytime/nighttime patterns in game. But I do agree with @Earl Atogrim von Draken ,it would be a great feature as humidity affects many things,from things as simple as bread making to blacksmith crafted armor and weapons. When crafting a sword water is used in some points in the process of polishing the blade and sharpening the edge,these are the only times you want water introduced. High humidity during the crafting process can affect the quality of the steel itself. The best quenching medium for spring steel is oil. Nearly any type will work,even old used motor oil. Different oils do have different quenching properties and some types will be better than others. Water can also be used but will quench the heat of the blade much faster. This rapid quenching is likely to cause warping and possibly cracking. All I can say is my forge was outside as was most of the other people I knew of. And I never worked steel during rain, snow or high humidity days. But that is only my experience, many others may have different RL experiences to chime in about. :)

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

It's all about Moon phases , but only in my wet dreams :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.