Do you have questions for Lord British and the Dev Team? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireLotus, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BK_

BK_ Avatar

Will food/drinks somehow affect your gameplay (skillgain, overall capability, damage, speed or anything)?

2. Urganite

Urganite Avatar

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but for me the biggest questions are about the little things in the world that make it feel more real and immersive.

Before I ask my questions, I want to second the previously asked questions about books and magical reagents.

1. Is astrology going to play a role in the game world aside from lunar phase? For instance, for druidism or in-world events triggered by astrological events that players could then begin publishing predictions (in books...but also probably websites) on the basis of astrological observation. (This could be as simple as regular time-based events that coincide with a skybox position, or maybe skybox position and lunar position during certain lunar phases)

2. I'm curious about how viable '********', non-combat crafting play actually is, given the stated scarcity of land plots. Will playing the role of a scholar or craftsman essentially require land ownership, either for production or sales? If so, what plans are there to accommodate non-combat play before said craftsman is established enough to own land?

3. Will there be any types of localized currency? I imagine there will be localized lore, town history, and whatnot. I really enjoyed the hassle of currency exchange in U7:2.

I'll try to think of more as the project progresses and other questions are answered. I'm pretty excited about the project overall. :)

3. trapster

trapster Avatar

Will we be able to play with other people who is not our friends, if all our friends is offline?

Will we be able to run a shop like a blacksmith and sell stuff to other players?

4. Wilson

Wilson Avatar

1. I saw the gameplay video with the Portals for quick travel to other parts of the land, similar to the gateways from the past, but will there also be Recall Runes? I always found them unique to Ultima and every other game I played, I really missed using them.

2. Will there be reputation titles ie. fame/karma type gain? I always enjoyed working towards a title and making sure I keep it. And you can also tell whether someone is generally good in the game (hero), or generally evil (thief).

3. Need clarification on death penalty. Say, if you are a beginner and get PKed, you should have less death penalty then if you are a veteran of the game and get killed by a chicken.

4. Housing. It was mentioned to have rent payed in real money? If so, can you give us an idea of how much that will be?

5. Questing. I realize all games must have a purpose, but how relevant is questing going to be? Do you NEED to do quests? There was a lot of freedom in UO without them and there was still a TON of stuff to do. Especially to better yourself, gain skills, money, equipment etc....

6. Skills. Will this game be completley skill based instead of experienced or level based? I believe it was eluded to but not given clarification. Skill based was SO unique to Ultima and missed that in other games.

Thanks for your time.

5. Fishface

Fishface Avatar

Will it be possible to bump into random players, or is the player interaction restricted to only those that are on your "friends list"?

6. Francis_Marsten

Francis_Marsten Avatar

I am not sure if any one asked yet

- will it be possible to dye or customize clothing and appearance of your character like in ultima online. If so how much customization will we have ?

7. Lord_Toast

Lord_Toast Avatar

If the Kickstarter amount goes over $1 million will there be bonus content?

8. Ghii Zhar

Ghii Zhar Avatar

Dual scale map - "carved in stone", or open for discussion?

I would personally prefer a single scale map, much more immersive, imho.

Not a deal killer, but a strong personal preference......

9. Escanaba

Escanaba Avatar

1:) Will there be levels to crafting (such as GM) and will that effect the out come of the item they are making.

2:) Will players make some of the best items in the game?

3:) Will items need repair from the crafters?

4:) will there be mining and color ore?

10. Haddy G

Haddy G Avatar

Since housing sounds like it will be limited, can I live out of a cart down by the river? :)

How exactly will this ad hoc multiplayer work; I mean will the worst player ping slow the game down for everyone? Will there be a ping limit so that you only play with players who have good ping?

Will there be a word filter? i.e. for profanity. UO got so bad that legitimate names could not be used in game for runes etc... If so can we disable it.

11. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

Am I too hopeful to ask that this NOT be like every other 'medieval' game in the type of creatures we must slay?

I am sick to death of the undead (skeletons, zombies) and poisoned by the volumes of spiders (and me with arachnophobia). I was recently in <i>Skyrim</i>, and began sighing with boredom at this repeat of the same creatures I've found in every adventure since the Ultima games. Ugh! I never tire of dragons, I must admit.

I remember the U7 Pixie. "I love thee as well!" ;) The harpies that guarded the alter were pretty cool. I hope we find many more original creatures, and very small amounts of the overdone ones.

Thank you!

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Escanaba

Escanaba Avatar

Continued from post above

5:) Will there be off line selling/Buying

13. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

1. Why should someone pledge at the house level?

2. When playing in the multiplayer mode how many strangers do you intend to let me encounter; in a city, in a village, in a town, in an on map engagement like a siege?

3. Will wars between guilds be allowed?

4. How large do you expect the multiplayer portion of the game to be?

5. will you allow real cash transactions between players through a Portalarium run market?

6. As someone who used to spam brit bank selling goods do you envision players selling goods like this or purely through a player owned vendor system?

14. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

How exactly will multiplayer housing work, will it be fully non-instanced like UO, or will it be quasi instanced with a non-instanced building facade?

15. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Will there be any type of completion certificate for completing the single player version? (Like the completion certificates of the past Ultimas). As it will be a major achievement in some of our lives to complete the game. It would be nice to frame such achievement on the wall for us to show to future generations.

16. Lord Melvek

Lord Melvek Avatar

Do you plan to use the same music composers from your past games? I still listen today to some great compositions from UW2, U7 and the orginal UO.

17. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

How would the Portalarium Crew describe the world interaction and usecode in detail?

For example, will you be able to bake bread or forge swords as in some of the Ultima games? ( Will chairs be usable? If I recall correctly this was a feature that caused a total furore in Ultima Online in 1997/1998 ).

This question is quite open-ended but what I'm hoping is that most objects will have some kind of usecode. Be it basic such as a door being usable, destructible, to a crate being stackable, openable, to bread being made from a chain of ingredients instantiated by their use with the environment. To me the 'usecode' *is* the game; it provides 'tone' to crafting, depth to the world (immersion), and, collectively, extensibility for development of content (by any/all entities).

18. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

Other than a rich single player story and not crowding your screen with players how does this game differ from Ultima Online?

Do you still have a focus on the online community and online economy aspects that UO had?

19. Keyser

Keyser Avatar

Will there be any sandbox elements to the online persistent world. In other words, will you be able to just immerse yourself as a merchant or crafter? I hope there is reason to play beyond the story arc or reaching end game.

20. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

How will we find the friends that are going to want to add into those that we see? I am a role-player and already have some that I will be looking for.

Is there going to be a rolling chat in the corner like a lot of games have, and if so will we be able to add them to our circle of friends?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.