Do you have questions for Lord British and the Dev Team? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireLotus, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Lord British, considering the amount of money we are pledging to this game is well above what many of us have ever paid for a game before and this before it is even made, could you Please please PLEASE, make a way so that my wife and I can play together and share the kickstarter rewards

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

If you both pledge separately, you could both get the digital download.

3. High Baron Asguard

Owain its not paying for the download I have an issue with, its the other rewards. Ie sharing the house, sharing titles, sharing the family crest (which I actually have my family crest)

If they come back and say "sure but you still have to pay extra 80 to buy the 3 games" I would be cool with that

4. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

My Vote.
    Aye, there should be a Marriage System or Family System in place with which you could share Titles & other vanity or If you are a Owner of a town house, your a Lord/Lady, if you are a Co-Owner of house, Your a Lord/Lady. So if you buy a house ingame with gold, you also get the Title, etc. If you default on the house, you loose the Title. If a kickstarter, picks up their house to move but doesn't place it, he looses Title too, they must place it again to restore Title.

5. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

I agree with isycle that marrying should get you the title. Divorce though and you lose it. I dont agree with giving title for in gold game unless it is a huge cost. It is one of the reasons people are pledging high

6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I think a game that caters to the Ultima demographic or even the UO demographic will find a lot of married people playing together. Especially if there's a strong RP element to the game. While you dont want to alienate a new generation of 12-16 year old gamers, it's worth acknowledging that there are going to be a lot of 40 year olds where owning a house or shop or whatever together is a very real interest. People may even be wanting to have their kids play.

7. High Baron Asguard

Reason I so want this is firstly I have never spent $500 on a game, especially off the plans and I'm a huge ultima fan (to the point I have put down my new bioshock (which I was loving) and am playing ultima 7 again because of this) and my wife likes games like the sims and the sim type RPGs so this is a game we could both get into together.

So the fact we could play this together would be fantastic and of all the things on offer or suggested that is the one I want the most.

8. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

I'm in the exact same position as Citizen Anthony

between me an my wife, we'll be pledging $655 (500+125+shipping) i know that isn't much, and that's not the issue, rather we just want to be able to share our combined perks between our accounts.

house, vendor, etc.

9. BorgKitten

BorgKitten Avatar

If I can only have one Character, which will be a crafter, please explain how we can be involved with the main storyline. Will I be able to attack & can I defend myself in storyline situations?

10. High Baron Asguard

Allgamer did you see my post about using 1 shipping fee for both accounts?

11. Birko

Birko Avatar

I can forsee that a successful SoTA will take the existing Ultima Online market, making UO financially unviable. If EA offered Portalarium the UO licence, would you buy it?

And if so, and all is purely hypothetical, could the existing UO shards be technically incorporated into SoTA as separate but accessible realms from your hex based map?

12. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

Economy question:

Will NPC characters buy our stuff for sale in our houses/store front?

That?s assuming there will be interactive NPC that will act as players or party members

For reference, Lord British buddy Chris Robert?s game, in Star Citizen NPCs will actually do that.

So, I was curious if the Economy in SotA will be maintained by NPCs participating in the Supply & Demand chain as well like in Star Citizen :)

13. Knight2

Knight2 Avatar

Just a quick question up front, then I am sure I will have others.

But on the kickstarter site, where is shows the chart of where we are and what we've unlocked (the green checkmarks next to the 1.1 M, 1.2 M, ect.), if we don't reach those marks in the next few days, will those features that don't have a green checkmark be cut out of the game? Or will they just be something put in at a later time?

Thanks

14. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

3D Stereoscopic vision question:

Will this game be supporting nVidia 3D Vision, and nVidia or AMD/ATI multi screen displays like Surround View / Eyefinity 3 (5760x1080p)

15. Jothyn

Jothyn Avatar

Would it be possible to find out the operating system you need to play the game? I have an old computer using xp with only 4 gig of ram

16. Maximusas

Maximusas Avatar

I just backed Torment late last night in the 11th hour following a link on RG Facebook page. I have one or two questions based on info I saw on their campaign.

1. To meet the $1.8 M stretch goal with the Underworld (which is the one everyone wants), will you guys be willing in to add the 2-300,000 that we may be short at the end to meet this goal as a thank you to everyone for all the support (as done in the Torment campaign)
    2. Are you planning to offer anything more to the $150 tier at the last minute? As the tier has gone largely untouched and no longer seems as good as some of the lower tiers
    3. As with torment, would you be willing to mark deliveries to internationally customers as 'GIFT' and add the value of the physical goods and not he value of the pledge to the package? This would help lower customs charges. I estimate the actual value of the goods would not exceed $50 which would in theory mean we don't have to pay customs import taxes in the UK. I really want the physical goods as it is part f the gaming experience. Also I have asked this question a couple of times but not received an answer.
    4. Do you know what spec of Mac is required to play the game? i am due to upgrade in a couple of months and want to make sure i am good to go when the game is released.
    5. Finally, what every happened to the tablet (specifically iPad) port you mentioned early in the campaign? are there still plans to do this? Thanks

17. Thoth

Thoth Avatar

If we decide that we wish to change to a different avatar would we be able to transfer to the new avatar our KS rewards including house, shield, piano and all else? Or once we have chosen an avatar there's no going back?

18. Gwingwin

Gwingwin Avatar

Did you folks know the number 19 was the magical number in Stephen Kings Dark Tower Series? Just wanted to point that out. I thought it was pretty cool.

19. Lord Bruce

Lord Bruce Avatar

I'd love to work on a submission for a plot idea (quest thread) submission for SotA. Is there some basic "background" material available for the game (without giving everything away) that I can review so I can make sure I'm on track with the SotA story and a "side" episode for it.

Thanks and regards.

20. Maximusas

Maximusas Avatar

Hi guys. I have a random suggestion that could bring in a ton of more money post kickstarter. It was quite clear that several kickstarter backers wanted a house but couldn't afford the $500/ $750 + tiers for the village house... I include myself in this statement.

Why not offer a poor option only for existing kickstarter backers who have shown a commitment to all 5 episodes of the game at the $120 tier upwards (to keep it fair) to upgrade their pledge to the $500 or $750 tiers. This upgrade could be payable through paypal over say 6-12 monthly instalments (where I believe you can setup recurring payments). This would bring in a steady income that could be used to reach further as yet unnamed stretch goals. I believe this would be very popular and you would sell out very quickly on the $500 to $10000 limited tiers spots that have not been snapped up yet. I myself would upgrade from my $165 pledge instantly if such an offer was made.

Otherwise, due to monthly financial commitments (in my Avatars home world... This side of my pc) I would have to take my chance in game post release :-(

I really hope you are willing and able to offer something along these lines. Thanks for listening

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.