Do you think an optional quest marker on compass would be ok?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mortanius, Aug 17, 2017.

?

Do you think an optional quest marker on compass would be ok?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

I understand what direction the game is trying to go. I appreciate the "old school" way of doing things. IMO, I believe it would be great to have an option to place a marker on the compass on an "active" quest I choose. I do like figuring things out on my own. However, when I am searching for a NPC for a quest, and I am spending 30 minutes to almost 2 hours or so looking for said NPC with no luck, I quickly lose the enjoyment out of trying to finish the quest. I don't even know if it's broke or not, because in the location the NPC is supposed to be in, another tells me that "He is not in today". I am frustrated because I want to complete all the tasks that have been given to me.

I don't mind if I have to search for quest givers, but I want clear direction when I do receive the quest. I think an option to turn on/ off quest markers would appease both the hardcore and the casual. The off option would be default.

If not, could there at least be a spell that could be used to give direction for a bit?

I've thought of a spell that could be under the "Air" magic, which could be called "Directional Winds" which could blow whatever debris on the ground by the avatar in the direction of the selected quest. Another could be underneath the "death" tree which could be called "Whispers of the Dead" which a ghostly apparition would hover by the avatar for a bit to point in the direction of the selected active quest. The more you raise either skill, the longer it lasts.

What do you think?

Stundorn and Metalocalypze like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

I would like bit more useful map and perhaps option to mark location on map and set it to compass.

For a lot of quests you are supposed to know where to look, for those I think compass marker would be okay. However there are soem quests during which you are supposed to do some searching and those should not have quest marker.

PS: It would be nice if NPCs could give you direction to places and other NPCs.

Barugon and Stundorn like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

This instead of Markers!!!

4. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I'd be happy if I got an X on my minimap. I don't need GPS, but a general baring after the conversation would be great.

Comes back to quest after a few days: "The quest says the target is a short distance East... now, which zone was I in? Who gave me the quest?" Googles it...

5. Gix

Gix Avatar

What needs to happen is that every NPC in a given scene should be able to give you clues and/or directions to a particular NPC. Quest NPCs that send you off hunting for someone should have the added bonus (as in, not rely on) of explicitly telling you where that particular person is.

You shouldn't have to aimlessly walk around an area for hours trying to find someone, but a omniscient radar is overkill.

The quest should read: "The target is a short distance East from ___ "

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Net, Stundorn and Gorthyn like this.
  6. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

This is spot on ! No glowing arrows please but some sort of improvement on hours of tedious wandering is certainly needed imho.

I want to do more questing rather than grinding but at present I just cant be bothered with them due to this issue.

Net and Stundorn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.