Dodge = next to useless

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Tedio, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

In the bug report Lexie said:

"I suspect your DA may have already been really high to see a big benefit from it, but we shall look into it. :)"

I wonder if they combine Avoidance and Dodge into one roll and if you have high Avoidance and Dodge you get diminishing returns or a cap. Dodge and Avoidance used to stack so this might make sense. Maybe Avoidance takes precedence over Dodge and since Avoidance doesn't work against magic we miss out. Just a random thought.

Barugon likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

not understanding this is the problem

First he is saying it is for melee and looks to be a base dodge for both melee and spells which factors in Dex and only dex.

Change will be to include Dex or Int > of the two to facto in for Spell Dodge

SO easy; the OP has 140 dodge with 210 dex and attacker dex was 100 So before change Base dodge would be 140+(210/2)-100/4 = 220 base dodge

Now he is going to take Intell into account if it is greater from the attackers POV so-

140+(210/2)- (the greater of (1oo/4 dex or 200/4 int) (50)) or in the end a base Dodge of 195 so in the end by him figuring in the attacker Intel the OPs base dodge is actually going to go down by 5 whole points.

Now here is the problem with this whole knowledge thing.

Players still have zero idea what this means how does 195 dodge figure into damage received in the end. And how is it equal for Spells and Melee? they hit two different ways.

THAT is the question players need answered.

Right now there is no way to know if I am hit by a Fire Arrow for 200 Pts or a Thrust for 260 what the end results will be. No one has any idea what having dodge of 140 and dex of 200 actually means. Sure base dodge of 195 but does that mean I will take 5 points from the fire arrow and 65 from the thrust IF I have the dodge skill activated. Also if you 5 Stack (6) the skill is it still only using 140 from the skill.

SO yeah I do not know what I am talking about. I know full well how the systems work and why players are not happy with the lack of information.

In the end once players know what it really means and they determine that it is good then they will use it OR weak they will change their skills. (chase the template / skill of the day)

ZeCarlos likes this.
  3. Tedio

Tedio Avatar

You dont make any sense man, and i dont understand half of what you are saying. I dont need to know what stuff means, i just need to test it and look at what i see, thats it. About dodge, if you dodge it mitigates 100% of the damage, end of story. It does NOT matter what lvl you have your dodge at, its still 100% of the damage IF you dodge

Hornpipe, ozzzmosis and Diab Blackbow like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Diab Blackbow Where did you get that quote from Chris ?

5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

A few releases ago in Discord. I was asking about the tooltip for Dex saying it increases Dodge but not seeing that increase and also comparing STR and INT to Dex. Here is another quote from that day.

Atos-Yesterday at 1:07 PM
    Previously, dex reduced hit chance BUT due to the math being broken, that didn't really reduce hit chance rendering dex useless for defense..
    now fixed

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My DA was 2.5 (from Sympathy of Stone), so it wasn't that. I didn't get a chance to respond to that bug report before they locked it.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

DA is not Dodge

Dodge is Dodge
    Damage Avoidance is Avoidance

mixing these up does nothing but exacerbate the problem

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Umm... right. The point of the Blessing of Elusiveness is to trade DA for Dodge. @Lexie was thinking that my DA was possibly high before I got the blessing and therefore I didn't see much difference in the amount of damage I was taking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.