Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Does getting new material mean old material is as it will be at release?

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by KnownInGameAsGeorge, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

There was a lot of polish work in previous releases, and now a fair bit of new material just recently.

Firstly, well done, I personally like the new material I have seen and if it keeps coming with the same regularity I would be very pleased.

I am wondering if this means the early areas are more or less complete as they are intended to be at release. it would be very useful for me to add details of tree and monster placement into my written work in game, but am a little concerned the trees and monsters will move in a release or two and make my story details incorrect.

If there are no 'under construction' signs on the area is it safe to assume it will be recognisable at release?

Can we get a list of polished scenes that we can use for written fiction and expect to remain as is?

Leelu, Roycestein Kaelstrom and Vyrin like this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I think you are pretty safe in including descriptions of uncloned scenes in your writings, especially if they were done recently. Of course, even if the scene stays the way it is, if the entry point is changed from one entrance to another, that can be confusing. I remember when I entered Greymark Forest in one release and didn't recognize the place. I assume that I was merely entering at a different entrance.

There is a list of unique scenes: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/non-cloned-scenes-as-of-today.76464/

Leelu and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Every thing is subjected to change here. However due to resource constraints, the contents that have been worked on will less likely be reworked again unless something is really wrong or if they have new tech that make it very easy to change things.

Kara Brae and Leelu like this.
  4. mass

mass Avatar

It is interesting to note that some places that have had uncloning and polish (like Spite) still have the 'under construction' sign up.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

Thank you for the replies, that link was especially helpful.

You all do touch upon the issues though. Even early areas are still getting minor changes, a lot of places just got new boss encounters etc. If I put detail into my story and an entrance is moved it makes a lot of differance.

Then like Mass said, a lot of scenes still have inder construction, so I have to assume there is at least one part incomplete in those.

Ah well, that is just how it is I guess.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

and Welcome georgegad and you can assume nothing is done until they say it is done. They will let us know ;) So keep your great ideas coming. I truly don't think there is one completed system in the game so far. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.