Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Does your elemental share your attunement?

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Asclepius, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

A question mainly for the devs, especially @Chris. Just wondering:
    Do our elementals even have an attunement rating?
    If so, is it tied to that of their owner?

If not, I'm suggesting that this would be a GOOD THING. For those who hop on and off at irregular times, or when most other folk are in bed, an elemental is a nice little friend to take adventuring. Not terribly strong, but still somewhat useful.

If they have no attunement rating, then their usefulness becomes relatively less as the owner becomes more powerful and battles bigger mobs. What I would like to see is: as my fire attunement climbs, my fire elemental also can do more damage. (And ditto for the other elementals)

Any thoughts anyone?

Xandra7, John Markus, gracy and 2 others like this.
  2. Ajacied1987

Ajacied1987 Avatar

Good question, i wonder the same thing :)

Asclepius likes this.
  3. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

I asked this in one of the sessions we had, and their response was that summons will be looked at for Increased damage. The attunement/summon level would be the best approach for this. @Chris hint hint make it happen big guy..

Coolwaters, Xail and Asclepius like this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

It would be nice if elementals used your attunements to get stronger/weaker. As they are now, they are quite underwhelming in combat unless you are farming lower level creatures or unless you are attacking a creature that has a weakness to that magic type.

They can do a slight bit of extra damage or can be useful in terms of holding agro for a short time so you live longer but I'm not sure the focus penalty is worth it most of the time. And when you compare them to a ferocious red spider or even an obsidian bear or stag... the DPS isn't even close.

Honestly, right now I collect them all as a novelty because I like to have the variety of cool looking pets. But unless they improve significantly I doubt I will spend the skill points on getting them after final wipe.

Asclepius and Fister Magee like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Will have to think about juxtapose, though. What attunement bonus does an elemental summoned with the opposite spell get?

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Good question Alley Oop. Maybe it would rely on your chaos attunement?

7. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Maybe a combination of BOTH the base AND the Chaos? It doesn't seem right that it would be based on the end-spell's attunement.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I've been wondering about this as well. Elemental pets are just....good elemental-meat shields for a few hits as they are now? I think they should increase based on summon level and attunement. But not specifically for damage. Say earth elemental can take more hits, fire more dps, water..umm...does something like heal or whatever, air stun more...oh and ice..umm....a half mix between earth and water(?). Anyways, they really do need to work on the elemental pets because if they don't, I doubt many people would even bother with the skill, as it'd be technically useless, post-final wipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.