Done with SOTA for now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korim Rackham, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

I should sign and utterly agree with this. I was a raider in WoW for many years, the game got so many "systems" for user convenience that it broke every social bound we could get. It broke my guild... LFG are always toxic groups with toxic sick people, you were nothing but a number on a chart, you just enter a line, joing a "group" (pseudo-group) and gets kicked and without a word for convenience or so the RL can put a friend in your place. It feels like a dull and pointless game - with a very good lore, that 99,9% of people just ignore.

That was why i quit WoW, social aspect has gone for good, roleplay gone for good along with almost everything that defines it as an "RPG" MMO. Lots of "casuals" and random people you never interact with doing repeatable stuff... It killed an awesome game.

And i don't like the idea of going back to that. Anyway... :(

2. lollie

lollie Avatar

Ohhh nooo I'm terrified :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stop whining.

3. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

cya op.

can we get this closed now as this is pointless drama and circle jerkin

4. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

insinious my Good Man, We were thoriughly testing yesterday :p

5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

First off, let me say I have a tax free deed so tax rates do not *directly* effect me.

People throw the term "1 hour per week" around pretty loosely. 1 hour per week is fine when we can all earn the same amount of gold. However, the game is incredibly imbalanced right now. At level 17, I can't manage to earn more than about 400 gold per hour in 1-2 skull scenes. That translates to 6-7 hours per week to maintain a row lot. For casual players (like me), that is a fair chunk of play time. Most of it actually.

Quite frankly (and in my personal experience), this will force the audience of the game to change over the next release or two. @Chris if only serious gamers can afford to play SotA, the audience will be significantly smaller....leading to a small world population.....which, in time, will mean no new sources of revenue.

It's certainly not what I want to see happen. I'd rather housing be easier for people to maintain. Not free, but easier. Even as a tax free deed holder, I'd like to see the taxes greatly deminished to encourage more people to play SotA to generate more interest.

Sorry to see you go, OP. I completely understand your point of view.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  6. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

Anyone who knows me will know I relish the challenge. ;D

7. Darkmelons

Darkmelons Avatar

I absolutely love this game. I mean, I have not enjoyed an mmo this much in a long time in spite of its flaws and faults. That being said, I primarily play MMOs or games in general as an escape from the other world we occupy. Save me the psychology, you will need to call for backup....... There is no greater contributor to "escapus interuptus" than mixing RL money with a virtual world. It's really starting to get egregious and icky at this point. And now it is truly effecting the in game economy as well. Tsk, tsk.

4EverLost and Baalice like this.
  8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Closing thread, as the poster said his goodbyes and now the thread is drifting onward.

Lord Baldrith, Kaisa, Baalice and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.