Dont forget to activate zone chat!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kazafk, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazafk

kazafk Avatar

I think theres still a lot of people that dont know zone chat has to be activated, so go ahead and do it in options, so our towns become a bit more chatty! Have noticed it beeing in towns and it was so quiet mostly, since i think theres still people not knowing it has to be activated and then use /z to talk to zone.

4EverLost, Thwip, Budner and 5 others like this.
  2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I think its because there is only like 800 player online at peak.. spreaded around the world in instances and there is no need to talk to anyone as we got sotamap.com and the game is easy.

however I like the fact that its not a barrens chat... I just wish I had a reason to talk to somebody. Pve and crafting is done solo easy.. pvp is non existant.. story is not my focus as I wait for it to be more fleshed out.

Time Lord, Ice Queen and Leelu like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

With the chat gump being laggy when scroll up and down sometimes, we're better off using Discord for chatting with a large number of players.

Time Lord, Leelu and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  4. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I pruposely forget to activate the zone chat everytime i'm in game, and i'm very concious of it. Personally I'd suggest people to activate the local chat to have actual conversations between NPCs, it's a bit depressing to see lots of people together blankly staring at each other.

Not here to judge though, just stating my opinion. Enjoy your zone chat! if you see my character around, shout at me in Local.

Celthon, redfish, 4EverLost and 5 others like this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Thanks, I've apparently missed out on Zone chat.

Ice Queen, Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Missed out on purpose, life of a loner ;)

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I personally don't want to listen to spammers.

redfish, 4EverLost, Celthon and 2 others like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Yeah, that only lasts until I see the first vendor or event spam. I can turn zone back off or i can start putting the offenders on my block list.

NRaas, Time Lord and Albus like this.
  9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

'Sorry but why that is why it is a toggle, nothing there I need or want? Players spamming offers for junk, or better yet other players who refused to even glance at instruction. tutorial, . . . and are standing around goin "Help Me . . ."

Sorry I have no desire to listen to that dribble and is the major reason it is a toggle and why there is no global chat.

But for those that didn't remember it TY for the reminder.

10. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Hey thanks kazafk for the reminder, I forgot about that..! Good info...:)

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Good reminder. For as many mmo features that this game has, I'm not sure why this isn't on as a default.

If they are trying to isolate regional economies, increase some form of realism, or avoid the ever-so-contentious gold farmer spam, it makes a some sense. That said, I'm not sure isolating a small group of people into even smaller groups will have a positive long-term outcome for widespread acceptance of the game. For me, it makes the game feel completely empty.

On any given day, the noble orb channel, which is a global channel, is the most active one I see in my window. And it's usually people asking for help or advise. That's definitely something we want to avoid, right? o_O

Anyway, I appreciate the reminder. I'll have to go turn it on so I can talk to other people in my scene.

Time Lord and 4EverLost like this.
  12. kennfusion

kennfusion Avatar

This is in the Options menu under Game tab? I don't see it anywhere (and am probably staring right at it). :confused:

Time Lord likes this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

If there were global chat like in other MMOs, I don't think we would have great player run groups like the Hospitallers, and I don't think Soltown Inn post-wipe would have been full of players playing music, smoking, socializing and talking to new players.

Local chat brings the community closer together IMO. Where global chat exists in other games, a lot of people just tune it out entirely and stop interacting with people.

Time Lord, Lord Barugon and 4EverLost like this.
  14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Yeah, I can see that angle, too. But, for me, I'm not playing Shroud to sit around and socialize or dance. I'm playing Shroud to play through the game and craft. Because they don't have a way to globally interact, I'll likely never talk to nor do business with someone who is just hanging out in town.

On top of that issue, when I want to find someone to go adventuring with, I don't want to spend an hour running around to 5 or 6 towns in the hopes that someone might be there. It would be great to be able to throw out a quick LFG message.

The game already has a small population. Not being able to communicate globally, imo, makes it seem even emptier. I'll play for a few hours and maybe see one or two other people.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.