Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Don't see the Jade Caverns town

Discussion in 'Release 28 Dev+' started by Mal Hari, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

1. Title: Jade Caverns Town not installed
    2. Reproduction Rate:yes
    3. Blocker?no
    4. Details:The Jade Caverns Didn't go in last release and figured it would be in this time. Maybe not? lol just checking and putting the info out there. Thanks
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: Alienware AREA51_R2, Windows 10 Pro (version 1511), intel core I7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 16GB ram, 64-bit operating system, N-vidia 980 with 4gb ram

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello Mal Hari! Thanks for reaching out to us! Due to recent changes with our POT format, we now require that all POT forms be locked before changes will be implemented. If possible, can you check the POT Webform for Jade Caverns to ensure that the information is correct and that you have selected to have it locked? After a brief review, it looks like it might not be.

Unfortunately, due to the timeframe of this request, once your POT form has been locked and submitted, you likely won't observe its implementation until R29.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to let me know! Thanks!

3. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

Ok I locked it.
    Seems odd you would have to final lock a town that's not in. I would think you could at least get it in once before you had to do a final lock.

but all good its locked now.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There had been instances of backers who had gotten into the habit of using the webform as an editing board, creating numerous changes after the times that data had been pulled, which resulted in frequent instances of inaccurate/obsolete data being implemented at the time of release, which then turned into bug reports of inconsistencies that were expected to be resolved asap. This is a way for us to minimize wasted time and effort on the part of our team by not having to revisit towns that should have their details finalized and locked upfront. For a small team, avoiding redundant and avoidable tasks is what helps us to continue pushing out new content regularly.

It's possible to unlock your form to update it again in the future, but this is our way of saying "Are you sure?" before taking any actionable implementation steps.

For a much more in-depth explanation of this change in policy, you can read Darkstarr's post about updates to Player Housing: HERE

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to let me know. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.