Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Double-Delete in Chat Windows

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Sorthious, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Blocker? No

Details: When deleting typos in chat, I noticed that pressing Delete will remove two char's instead of one.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 15913
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (POLARIS10 / DRM 3.23.0 / 4.15.0-29-generic, LLVM 6.0.0) GPU RAM: 8148
    SotA.QA.Linux.64.721.Date.07.23.18
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-317.8, 13.1, -342.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtMzE3LjgxLCAxMy4wOTksIC0zNDIuNDE5KXwoMCwgMC45ODQsIDAsIC0wLjE3OCl8MjA1LjMxNjd8MjguMjkxNTR8MjA=

2. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Sorthious We are unable to reproduce this. Does this happen in other applications (other than SotA)? I'm wondering if there may be an issue with your keyboard.

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

After copying the 350 from the Sell menu in game, I tried pasting in this chat window and it didn't not duplicate it. It printed the 350 as I had copied it. I then went back in game and tried to paste it again, without clearing the clipboard, and it did it again. I copied text from here and pasted it in Gedit(Ubuntu Linux) and it worked fine also.

4. Undone

Undone Trap Master Moderator SOTA Developer

Hi @Sorthious! How are you launching the game? Are you using the launcher or steam? There is a current bug in Unity's SDL library that we recently hot fixed; but that hot fix will only work if you use our launcher or steam. If you are launching manually then you'll need to clear an environment variable. See this thread for more info.

5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Ah ok...was launching via a shell script so I could use GalliumHUD(performance statistics.) I tried on Live using Steam launcher and it was fine. Thanks!

6. Undone

Undone Trap Master Moderator SOTA Developer

You should still be able to use a shell script - just make sure you set that environment variable before launching and you should be good to go!

Sorthious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.