Double sized city lot for Dukes

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jatvardur, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

fact is they got what they pledged for. They were told they would get city sized lots. They have everything they need. They can even place waterbased property. The lord of the mannors didn't know they would get special sized lots, but they did know that they would get castles "with keeps". It seems that the castles with keeps were too big for a standard lot and they had to make the lots bigger.

There is no need to make a bigger lot for Dukes unless their property does not fit.

Lord Baldrith and NRaas like this.
  2. Kal

Kal Avatar

no point comparing it to a pledge price that can no longer be purchased, 3600 dollars is the only relevant comparison now which is only 1400 dollars difference from duke.

and the higher level barons get other stuff, don't they get a crown in addition to the bigger ships, either way it's more items and not only a "penalty" fee

they need to lock these lot sizes in place and focus on building the game. the game needs a lot more work done and they don't need to be changing lot sizes. the duke island castle is great, plus they will get a similar house for a land lot, that's plenty enough incentive for people to go to duke.

3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

because 50 is a nice even number and makes it difficult to pin down who many there actually are. As is I'd wager there are no more then 15 dukes. But who cares? That is not the point or topic of this thread.

4. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Both LOTM and dukes got what they paid for AND then Portalarium decided to increase the LOTMs lot size. There is nothing wrong with requesting Dukes get the same treatment. As to the size excuse it fits for dukes as well. The dukes island castle sits on a few rocks, there is really no island present it looks like the structure was built on a reef not an island.

NRaas, O`Sullivan and Lord Gréagóir like this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Barons 2 and 3 get a crown...

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

You misunderstand risk/reward and the time-value of money, again.

Benefactors pay a premium for taking on less risk. More information is now available.

Kickatarters received a discount because they took on more risk. Almost no information existed a year ago.

Risk / rewards must be compared on the same footing.

LoneStranger and O`Sullivan like this.
  7. Kal

Kal Avatar

baron 2 at 3500 was on kickstarter. kinda ruins your whole argument there

8. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

actually it doesn't. Duke has never sold out so the comparison is all done at the intial level. Not to mention I'm really not concerned about the ratio on that side as barons get a city lot at least $1500 cheaper then dukes do. Now if barons got a town lot, that would ruin my argument.

Jatvardur likes this.
  9. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

B2 is mispriced. The devs admitted and was the reason they got extra rewards. I think B2 should have been like LOTM2, ie the same price as the 1s.

If Duke had been a more popular tier then we might have seen a D2 during KS or later. That D2 should be priced according to the rest of the levels. The precedent to follow is LOTM2 imo, but even if the price was higher then we'd compare a D2 with a B2. This is consistent with the previous post. It is possible to have a royal founder D2 for the same reasons you can have a royal founder B2. Personally I wouldn't have added B3 and I wouodnt have created a difference in pricing between founders and beneactors: I would have just decreased the rewards. IMO that would have been simpler / cleaner.

If Portalarium hadn't made this latest change to LOTM then there would he no case.

10. Kal

Kal Avatar

not if it sold out it isn't and it definitely sold out.

11. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Except that it was. People were willing to pay a premium for B1 rewards but there was a debate at the time, the B2s said it was mispriced. The devs agreed and said it was done in haste, like the pledge titles, and so they upped the rewards. If the rewards were not increased then there would have been less B2s during KS. It was evident in the fluctuations of the backer numbers at that level.

If you had been there then you'd have known about it. It was yet another risk and piece of information that has been mostly forgotten about. The lot selection thread in dev+ is the proof of that.

O`Sullivan likes this.
  12. Kal

Kal Avatar

i don't see doubling duke lot size being justified at all. you can go on about what the original b1 cost and the "misspriced" b2 as you claim but then if they added items to it as you further claim then it is no longer "misspriced" then is it.....and the only baron level available now is 3600. which is only 1400 different from duke level. i don't see it being justified and the cities would probably need to be redesigned. this game needs developer time in other areas. housing is done quite well and they should move on.

13. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Pure FUD. No extra reward for you so you think no once deserves it either.

With potentially 40 LOTMs moving out of the city and receiving newly designed placed lots then improving dukes with a minor increase to lot size is almost no work at all.

14. Kal

Kal Avatar

lord of the manor deserve it. it doesn't make sense for someone who paid 5000 to 7000 more than dukes and $6000 to $8000 more than barons to be on the same plot size as dukes and barons.

that's my opinion. i hope the developers spend time on other things that are much more important.

also, i will repeat, the duke house is absolutely amazing and blows the baron house away. that's plenty incentive to go duke over baron.

15. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Yet that was the case with LOTM until last week. The three pledges all had same lot size. Devs basically said it was a mistake, therefore it doesn't seem unreasonable that dukes having the lot size as Barons is also a mistake. No one even knew about the LOTM increase or had any input. I'm proposing that dukes scale in a way that is almost on the same basis: fair risk : reward. I'm not even asking for a completely perfect calculation. I'm willing to forgo walls.

We haven't even mentioned dinner with Lord British nor the original copy of Akalabeth.

Also telling that people dont pledge at duke because the rewards are less attractive.

Further add that investments are always talked about in percentages, so talking about risk/reward in terms of percentages is also natural. The absolute numbers will mask the scaling of risk to reward.

16. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

The LOTM pay double what Dukes pay and should get double the reward. I think that's only right. Again, just because they sold out doesn't change the initial comparison. But right now the LOTMs get quadruple what the Dukes get.

As to the dukes castle it is really nice. But I won't use it because there is no room left on the lot outside. As it stands right now I will probably use the knights house because it leaves me room to put workbenches outside for people to use. I was hoping they'd put farms in as well and there is no room for those either.

17. Kal

Kal Avatar

you won't be able to make crafting stations public. saw it on a video from a developer. you can probably let friends or kindred use them but thats a limited number of people.

apparently the reason is that one of the ways the big cities will have advantages is they have more of the higher end crafting stations. so if they allowed people to make their crafting stations public in a smaller town it would sort of negate that benefit.

18. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well then I'll have a large friends list. Fact is there should be some "grounds" that go with it.

19. Kal

Kal Avatar

friend and kindred list is limited. larger plot/house the larger the list can be

20. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

That's an interesting concept. I like the idea of the larger the plot, the larger the friends/kindred list that is available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.