Double sized city lot for Dukes

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jatvardur, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

So a Baron has the same number of friends a Duke has but a LOTM 4x as many? :p

Perhaps per pledge level, although I wouldn't be aversed to the the devs just capping it evenly across all players.

2. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well I get a city plot, so nice big list

3. Kal

Kal Avatar

just remember, big list might be 10. we really have no idea

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

10-Village
    50-Town
    100-City
    250-LotM?

5. Kal

Kal Avatar

i doubt it. i bet one of the reason for the limits are for vendors. you don't want some guy with a village plot putting down a vendor mall with 10 people in it. would be crowded.

i'm guessing village would be like 2 or 3, town might max out at 10, city might have 15-20. who knows what a LotM would have. but none of us know really.

6. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

well it is quite irrelevant to the discussion.

What really makes sense is

LOTM - 4 city lots
    Dukes - 2 city lots
    Barons - 1 city lot
    Lords - town lot
    Knights and citizens - village lot

That's symmetrical and reflects risk:reward

Jatvardur likes this.
  7. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

10-Village, 50-Town, 100-City, 400-LotM? ;)

Are we talking about the kindred list or friends list? Friends lists should be circa 100 for all players.

Kindred should probably be a lot smaller imo: .e.g 5,10,15,20. Hard to imagine the need for 20 kindred players. I can imagine a property being open for public viewing but not to have 20 "admins" who can move stuff.

8. Kal

Kal Avatar

having the list be too high hurts the value of housing. too many people would just shack up with friends and people would create vendor malls out of village plots.

in ultima online too many vendors in a house created lag so high that you could get trapped in a spot. what would happen is you would crash and then every time you tried to enter the game you would crash. ultimately a gm had to move you. they eventually put limits in. expect a lot less than hundreds.

9. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Kindred.

Friends should be in the hundreds. I know I have well over 100 guild mates that will be actively playing this game, so that would be unfortunate if I couldn't have them on my friends list.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  10. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

I vote 2X lot for Dukes. Did anybody send an email to portalarium with our fair maths

***Edit*** i sent a PM to DarkStarr. I will listen to their reply, and decide what to do. I'm not hiding behind a finger as i consider plot dimension pretty relevant for my decision to remain Duke, or eventually sell my pledge for a discounted price to any interested person. creating a 4X plot "on the run" has been quite "unusual".

Obviously this is just my personal decision and i do respect all the other people thinking different. In any case the 5000$ were mine so i do feel i have all the rights to protect my investissment. ;)

That said, as usual, i'm confident Portalarium will end up with a decision that will make all of us happy. We are just in early Alpha stages, there is all the time to tweak and adjust things...

11. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

I think the double-sized Duke lots should be placed on the hills overlooking the city. Not only will this be a great location for them with an awesome view, but it will make the existing city lots more available.

Win-win!

Crikey and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  12. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

I further suggest the building of slums and hovels located near the cesspool or town dumps. This housing can be used to store those backers who failed to donate more than 60-100 dollars. Also, they should be filled with bugs and vermin to taunt these citizens through out their lives.

Crikey likes this.
  13. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

I do hope the Dukes get their double-sizes lots. It would balance things outs.

14. Sutekh

Sutekh Avatar

how about no? not everyone can chunk out 60-100 dollars and they should NOT be treated like some third world citizen like you suggest.

15. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

It was a joke and intended to be tongue in cheek.

One of the biggest enemies of a community in a game is when efforts are made along class or economic lines. And where I understand the backers importance to this project, I think it is a big mistake to make such a huge difference within the game itself between those who can give 5 dollars and those able to plunk down hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

The towns within the game are already being laid out to reflect the monetary input of a backer. While realizing that the larger donations help the project make great strides, I believe that in providing huge housing and free lots within the game to those of means starts the ball rolling and begins to set up in the game for all to see the haves and the have nots.

Having been out of work for more than two years I was hard pressed to put any funds towards a game. But my love of UO prompted me to find a way to be some small part of the project. I came in as a second responder and my donation at this time is only at the founder level. There as some only able to give the smallest amount, and their sacrifice for this project should not be seen as any less important than one able to give at the Lord of the Manner level.

Once divided it is hard to bring a community back together. I do hope that the move towards money talks society in the game does not become a part of SOTA.

rgubler likes this.
  16. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Makes perfect sense to me, too. What would you name the Duke lot? A Keep lot?

17. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

Yup Keep lot. Similar to old UO. Castle's and Keep's

18. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

a Keep-a-lot?

19. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I like this a lot, but I'd even maybe be a bit more generous and also give the Knights a town lot.

20. Chameleon

Chameleon Avatar

I support this, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.