Dragon Armor

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Duke William of Serenite, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selene

Selene Avatar

Heck, I'd be happy if we could get some crocodile armor.

[​IMG]

Hazard, Razimus, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  2. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Help me out in the dev+ forums I posted about dragons there.

3. causepain

causepain Avatar

We got few types of animal. I would do simple modifications to loot for example each of animal would have around 5% to drop special leather (with different properties and color):

stags (natural)+ 0,2 avoidance/+1 dex
    wolves (silver)+ 0.1 avoidance and +0.1 damage resistance
    coyotes (yellow/sand)+ 0.2 sun resistance
    bears (brown)+ 0.2 resistance
    crocodiles/scorpions (green) + 0.2 poison resistance and 0.1 damage resistance
    polar/arctic (white) +0.1 air resistance

They add that modifiers (numbers are random - i don't try make balance) AND each special HIDE get that color (they need be gentle not so neon). They don't need add new armors (it need new graphics, new animations) just recolor existing one. We get plenty of new/old armors and world would be more diverse. They copy existing recipes and change "leather" for "stag leather" and so on. In few days they would multiple existing recipes, items and people who want play as hunter (not me - i'm hoarder :D) got plenty of work. Next thing new recipes would drop (max 10% chance) from mini bosses for example King of Stags, Alpha Wolf etc - normal animals but with 10x hp, 5x resistance/avoidance/dmg and 2-3 more exp as the highest currently available stag/wolf/scorpion. Just make them 2-3 times bigger than other animals. In time they would do special attacks (when there would be developed)

4. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

A lesser dragon of some sort? One that would be killable with say 2-3 people. The scales could be used to make some sort of armor plus hides. The major dragon might be just for major quest/group. Just give the same type of scale with some extra hides. The main thing being drop or the item you receive for doing the quest. Which would require a much larger group with say 2-3 healers etc say 10 or 15 people? Plus some good strategy.

Sweetmcpwnsauce likes this.
  5. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Such a nice mix of ideas!

My feelings are if adult/ancient dragons are one of the ultimate monsters in SotA, that only a large group or a coalition of groups can have a chance at fighting them, then they shouldn't make them tamable.

Instead, a smaller, similar monster/animal can be tamed, such as a very large lizard.
    http://chrisquilliams.deviantart.com/art/Lizard-Rider-276597086
    At the worst, a hatchling https://picasaweb.google.com/UnicornsLady/DragonsOfIstariaChroniclesOfTheGifted#5369165334326344642 (isn't she cute!)

As for armor, if they can balance it in, go for it!
    (and dragon bones & teeth too!)

If we cannot skin a dead dragon, perhaps an occasional shed scale can be found and eventually when enough of them have been gathered, armor could be made. [​IMG]

6. Mastese

Mastese Avatar

Agree with you all on the ideal that it should take a group effort to take down beasts of this magnitude. But if so, won't the "I'm only in this for the solo experience" people be left crying foul play?...or are there NPC hireling mechanics in the works that I'm not aware of that would circumvent excluding these people from the same opportunities?

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

There is NPC party members yes

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Skyrim had intelligent dragons.

9. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Never played Skyrim, maybe I'll check it out some day. I saw my nephew play it, I commented how some mechanics remind me of Ultima VII, he had no idea what I was talking about. But, it does look like a cool game I know it's considered a classic at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.