Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dragon attacks

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

We had fun, for sure!

Earlier I had mentioned how great dragon strafing runs would be, and @Chris said hellz yeah. Now, dragon strafing runs would be amaaaaaaazing when we have as many players as we just did. Don't even target a player, just have some of them running strafing patterns if that's how it's gotta be. Fire the whole way.

Now, big dead dragon bodies everywhere. How about bursting them into flames? That way we've got some area hazards.

Speaking of area hazards, when they are doing strafing runs, maybe those lines stay on fire for a bit?

And finally, fireballs. Way too small. Dragon fireballs coming out of the Ancients should be at least 3x their current size. But you need streams of fire, not just balls of fire.

Anyway, back to the :) Loved the fun event, I'll be at the others, and this is the best game ever!

Berek, Engel, Spoon and 2 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My only criticism is that it was like watching a slide show.

Sorthious likes this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

And you know this, how ? ;)

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Pew!

[​IMG]

Almost like he's coughing up a furball.

Pew, pew!

[​IMG]

I don't think the VFX have been scaled up for the big guys, so it just looks like they are tossing fire arrows instead of full, intimidating fireballs. Player attacks such as meteors in meteor storm are as big. Lets get some bigger fireballs!

Engel and majoria70 like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Nah, it just needs real fire breathing!

Engel, Sorthious, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yeah! While fighting I was getting around 10FPS tops. Dragons look nice and all that, but that wasn't even close to being playabe for me.

Barugon likes this.
  7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I keep thinking how cool would some kind of "Defence of the Ancients" (DoTa) mini game would be. Some booming dialogue? I understand we can't have those NPC's in too much danger (as they are supposed to have perma death and cannot be revived like us)

But hey, if a bank or another building gets destroyed so be it. NPC buildings could have health bars? Might be hellish to set that up tho...

(is it clear why they are attacking? Could they target a special type of building? are they trying to eliminate us?)

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  8. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Well can any of those that attended the event tell me the background story of why the dragons are attacking, and how they choose their target, and what we avatars are supposed to do? I stayed away out of fear of the lagfest that was reported by many. Not in the mood to participate in any more performance testing if no interesting story or XP, loot, or other reward is involved.

Oyjord Hansen and Montaigne like this.
  9. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Providing the Dragons were able to communicate their reasoning :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.