Drain focus mechanic in SotA must be deleted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Sep 20, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think your missing the point of how combat work. Its not about constant use of your primary skills as a melee or ranged but a combo between that and auto attack. Those that spam the skills will drain all the focus.

I have played both ranged and melee and never ran out of focus because I use the system as it was intended. Granted fighting focus draining mobs no matter what class you are has the same affect which is intended for you to come up with a new strategy to fight those mobs.

One thing I learned in making gear is melee and ranged people tend to stat boost the dex or str and forget that they need int up there to get the focus pool higher.

Barugon likes this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

This doesn't have anything to do with skill spamming or focus pool. As others have already said, if you are in melee range of those zombies, you will lose all of your focus very quickly, regardless of what skills you use or how big your focus pool is.

To try and be cool and win that 100k, I ran down there yesterday with a build that had over 3100 focus and experimented with different crowd control, combat slows, focus gain, etc, and I didn't even come close to being able to tank and win. Granted, there are a lot better players than me with a lot more xp to spend, but until someone can actually use melee against zombies in a way that doesn't take all day, I'm going to consider it nearly impossible.

I don't personally think this is an emergency or anything, but more like it falls into the category of really lame, just like having lots of bosses that have mega resist vs. all or almost all types of magic. Strengths and weaknesses are good, but making stuff that huge numbers of people are useless against is a big waste of content and doesn't really have any upside.

Floors, Dhanas and Antrax Artek like this.
  3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

ah I see, it was specific to those mobs. Well my view then is don't fight them if you cant take them :) just like death mages dont can't fight undead bosses or mobs because it was not designed too. hehe I know not a good response but that is how I see it. not all classes work with every type of mob.

Lazlo and Barugon like this.
  4. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

And we have yet to find a class that works with this mob... hence the problem

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Pretty much any class can take them , the strategy is not to sit and tank them but requires you to move around. Even when they go hyper you can still do them with the right skills ;)

just like boss fights some you have to learn the fight before you can win.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Really? Nothing works with the high level zombies? There's nobody solo farming these?

7. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Is there someone who can solo farm them without fire kiting?
    My 100k prize is still there.

8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Pretty much no class/build can if not kiting them with fire mage.

You can bet that if it was possible to do it without kiting them while damaging with fire I would have succeeded, and would be here explaining how instead of asking for a removal of the drain focus mechanic.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Botocks likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So there is a build that can do it. According to Grimbone, there was none.

10. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

So I guess you just found ur tank then?

11. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Never said I was the authority on this, nice trying to make it sound that way tho.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You're the one who claimed that nothing works with this mob.

13. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I think he meant except fire, since it was metioned several times in this thread.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.