Dual Scale Map Video Response

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Zelen, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelen

Zelen Avatar

After listening to Chris Spears' video I have been won over by the usefulness of dual scale map. I can see how some instances, for example where houses are located, will remain rather static but otehrs can be edited, added, or deleted. Dual scale map allows for single player and multiplayer to co-exist in one game, and it will simply make the world more dynamic and exciting.

I must admit, I was initially skeptical, but now I am extremely excited about this feature. Great decision guys! And thank you for the wonderful video, Chris.

Link to youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ_4-rwb5yg

2. Liz

Liz Avatar

Yeah I liked the video too. He seems like a nice guy btw. The vid took away some concerns I had and I am more ok with the dual scale map now. I will however always prefer the single scale map because I like exploring, but it will be fine, I am sure now.

It's funny how he said that most JRPGs have that system when considering that they have that system BECAUSE of Ultima. FF 1 was intended to be a Japanese Ultima with Anime art etc.

this whole dual/duel mix up is a pet peeve of mine. you wrote duel in the topic subject ;)

3. Zelen

Zelen Avatar

Thanks for pointing that out Corv. I guess I'm prone to spelling errors as well. :)

4. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

Aye, after watching that I'm completely sold (though I already was the second I saw the prototype anyways... lol)

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I admit I was a little skepticl though trying to keep an open mind. I know they're trying some new stuff so there had to be a technical reason behind the decision but I wasn't expecting them to go in such a direction with it.. which was cool. Just one more thing to be interested in to see how it'll all come together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.