Dual Wield Swords

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Archangel, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archangel

Archangel Avatar

Does duel wielding work? Which is better - 2h sword or 2 short swords?

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

it is a trade off, can go eiter way damage is about equal but less in each hand the the second wepoan dosent swing as much.

IMO I would two hand one made with DMG and Speed on it.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That's a highly subjective question. Personally, I'm a duel wielder so for me.. any two weapon combo beats a 2 hander.. but that's just my style. Unless of course that 2 hander is a glaive. Those are fun.. and mean and nasty. :)

Duel wielding does work.. provided you have off-hand attack skill.. and better with off hand defense. The beauty about off-hand attacks is they don't use focus and when it comes up a lot it's very nice. No cool down right now either.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  4. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

I cannot decide if the lack of focus use is an oversight or working as intended? If working as intended, then healer builds can really benefit from the offhand. It reserves focus for heals, but lets you get a hit now and then to help dps along in between tossing a heal. Works wonderfully, very balanced so far to be a offhand healer build. but not sure if it will be long term viable because the focus thing didn't come across as intentional to me.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The lack of focus use has been there since off hand went in. It's getting harder to imagine at this point that it's intentional. The freeform attack doesn't use focus either. I think it's just one of those balance issues they haven't tackled yet. Probably waiting for all combat skills to be in.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

I've done both 2 handed weapons and dual wield, and imho dual wield beats 2 handed hands down:cool:. Of course point allocation is crucial as Bowen alluded to, and I also crafted some good armor and put some in the earth tree I believe for defense. It does chew up some skill points for other areas, but I can live with the trade off as it suits my play style. For my dual wield, I crafted 2 gem socketed longswords as well-one with fire and the other air damage. I got lucky on my armor and got to upgrade a few pieces to get additional bonuses, so that helps too. As far as focus, you must stack/combo glyphs as that is one area I have been unable to allocate a lot of skill points. But it does work-for me anyway.

7. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

I tried using DW daggers. What is the advantages of daggers going to be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.