Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dude, where's my house?

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Astrobia, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

By the time I got interested in siege, I think it was way too late, and it was past the acquisition of OSI by EA. I do recall making an avatar on there and seeing like zero players in Britain and figured no one actually played on it. Could have been a random experience. Anyway, I was too distracted with my success and rich community on Catskills (shard), which I more or less randomly selected when I joined UO about 6 mos after its initial launch. I think SP would have been my kinda server though. And honestly if they had a "hardcore" server for SoTA Id probably play on it exclusively this time around.

/grumbles about "trammel and felluca"

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It's a kind of a broken heart story... the community was still active after OSI changed leadership... but people left britain, left hopes for a real leadership and alot of other things.

It's no wonder there was no leaders from Siege that could be convinced to join Shroud... even if it was made by the same people that made their game.

They know nobody understood them, not EA not anyone. It never had an event moderator and those it had left in very strange crazy ways because "they couldn't take it" a few days after they were assigned there.

There was real emotion over there, it was the heart of UO, I don't say this because I didn't like Atlantic or Pacific that I played on since beta... but because it was built in a real, organic way.

Now we have a standardised, meta-gaming based model for developpement. It brought alot of cash, but not much emotions.

May I inquire about the nature of your success in catskills ? :) maybe that would put a smile on my face...

3. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

UO seems like it's been getting more attention since they turned it over to Broadsword to manage. It's a damn shame EA pretty much ran it into the ground (and I'm still irked about how they handled the whole U4E business)

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

So that Origin 4.99 a month offer to play all their games now excludes UO ? :S

You needn't be irked... it was all done on purpose, when you realise who truely bought Ultima from LB your jaw will hit the floor. Truth sets you free...

5. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Trust me, I know. I've been a fan a long time, and frankly, nothing EA does anymore really surprises me. While I would have liked to see RG get the Ultima license back, I'm also somewhat happier knowing their fingers won't be involved.

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I know you're a fan, you seem to have very rich cultural background as well :)

I don't think we can generalise EA like people (even in the dev team) like to do... there is an overarching Guardianesque principle that also seems very very popular these days. Some people wanted all this to happen for a very good reason, and its akin to watchmen's psychic octopus...

[​IMG]

I had hoped we would diverge from that, create a niche game with LOYAL backers, no hype and strong roleplaying guidelines.

I don't know what to think anymore :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.