Dueling Mechanic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by One Zero, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

Just watched another EVL Wednesday night tournament. Previously, these tournaments were held in an open PVP player owned town (POT). The problem was that thieves were running around in stealth mode just looting the hell out of everyone sitting around watching the event. Attendance at this weekly event was effected due to this because avatars who consistently break the event rules can not be banned from an open PVP town. So, they moved the event to another town which is not open PVP.

The issue I am seeing now is with "Duel" mode to allow the event to proceed smoothly. A fight is is started with one of the hosts saying "3, 2, 1 fight". Fighters start attacking but have not actually engaged in the duel. It gets very confusing for both the fighters and the audience.

What seems to be the problem is that there is not any real good indicator to either fighter that they are actively in 'duel mode' and with whom they are dueling. So, the suggestion is that 'duel mode' needs a much better mechanic to indicate to the player that they are engaged in a duel and who it is they are dueling.

First, the player you are targeting in the duel should have their name tag turn red. This I have seen before but seems very inconsistent. Perhaps a bug?

Another issue is that some of the fighters didn't realize they had the feature of "Auto Decline Duels" selected.

Dear developers - please give this some polish. Thanks. Keep it weird.

2. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i would also like to see an option to bet on the duel would just make it allot of fun

Crowquills and Audacity like this.
  3. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Add my wish for full team duels to this list.

Crowquills likes this.
  4. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

Yes, please. Gambling of gold or COTOs.

Yes, please. One party leader can challenge the other party leader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.