Duke / LOTM lots

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Deliverence, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

As of May this year we had over 100 Dukes and over 30 LOTM backers with only a handful of lots available to these backers. I'm sure that this number has grown since then however the amount of available lots still seems to remain the same.

I understand the lots will become available as more story derived towns come online, however this seems to be taking considerable time. So I'd like to ask the devs to see if it's possible to create another temporary town like Hometown with ample keep / castle lots that backers can use until the other towns come online.

I managed to secure a keep lot on the QA server and found it useful in determining what and how many add ons are needed for the lot, such as 7 packs of floor tiles to cover the areas I wanted. With the tools that where created for designing POT's I don't see this as taking long to do, though for this to work I think the placement of ramparts would need to come online as well.

I have no idea how many other Duke's / LOTM backers would be interested in this, but just putting it out there to see if it's something that can be considered.

2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I'd be interested.
    The server would still go live 6 hours before I get off work, so it is likely I still wouldn't get one, but I can put one in Dead Horse for now.
    But it would be nice if a few more were available.

Deliverence and Duke Lorimus like this.
  3. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

For the keeps it intended to be a on off toggle .. not the asset pack of stone unless you want to build it ... and I agree a test zone for such lots is needed.. ..

Deliverence likes this.
  4. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I have a post in the dev forums trying to see if we can get the ramparts put in. I have been a duke since episode 10 and I still haven't had a home with ramparts. With all the new box towns added not one has a keep.

You would think hay lets sprinkle some more duke and lotm placements but no. I think debs have a problem plugging in the ramparts as a peaceable item. It's in static towns but dynamic ones are waiting for it to happen. Dukes are also extremely quiet. That is why we have no basements and or places to put our homes . We sit quietly and take it every release .

5. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I actually thought of your post Duke William when I wrote that part about about the ramparts and I agree with Duke Lorimus about the ramparts needing to be a toggle on/off option. I didn't mind waiting as I've been able to place the home itself on a city size lot but now that we are getting closer to launch I want to make sure the add-ons I have work inside the keep lot. I agree a lot of the dukes are very quiet and I know I haven't rallied for the arena basement myself as I really like the 5 story keep basement, that said however if they did make one I'd buy it as I like to have options.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  6. Duke William of Serenite

Darkstarr did say they would toggle on and off.

Ravicus Domdred and Deliverence like this.
  7. Duke William of Serenite

Well Darkstarr's said two things. One that they will be put in as a fence kit and they would have a toggle. Looks like they don't even know how they will work. I am glad some dukes got out of their chair to come I here and post. If you can get us some basements and ramparts I will tattoo your name on my chest as my hero!

8. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

@ 5 k or 10 k , I don't feel we need to build our own Keep lots ..... they are just trying to cut a corner ....

Silverglade and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  9. Godra

Godra Avatar

I wish there were more keep lots. I do not want a City Water Lot. I like the Duke House on the water, but I would rather have the Keep size lot. So more Keep lots in Pre-alpha would be nice.

I also would like to know how they plan on figuring out the number of plots of each size needed at launch. I remember sometime ago that they stated we would not be forced to claim a lot in a POT and that there would be plenty of lots for all in public NPC towns. It may seem simple (ex. 30 LOTM pledges, 30 Castle lots needed, 150 Dukes, 150 Keep Lots needed...) but do they really need that many for NPC towns? I know that they want a certain percentage of extra lots more than the minimum needed to cover all the lot deeds. How much more, I don't know. Some pledge or add-on deed purchases are going to place in the POTs. I am really confused and concerned that there will be so many empty lots or are they planning on using the available lots in POT's for that total amount they want at launch. I remember in a past hangout or post in the forums about them giving away or some kind of lottery system for deeds until all the empty lots get filled. But they are taxable lot deeds, correct? The only way to get a Keep or Castle deed is with a pledge. So how do they fill those extra Keep and Castle Lots?

I know we have all be focused on testing the releases and getting our tour guide hats, but there is still a lot unknown at this time.

10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I have been in every release and never been able to place my keep lot.

mikeaw1101, Derium and Deliverence like this.
  11. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I seem to see two separate issues here. 1.) Castle/Keep Outer-Walls, and 2.) Letting more Dukes and LotM's have access to a lot for testing, etc.

I guess I was a lucky one. I had the Owl's Head Castle for a release, the Keep for another, and the Castle in Port Mirren for a while. I can't help with the outer-walls... but I can help some test the larger lot sizes and houses. I think I have enough room to place another castle and probably a keep or two in Falling Waters Fortress. If anyone would like to use one for a while, please Reply here for transparency, and send me a PM (first come first serve) with your in-game character name and I'll friend you so I can get you a lot set up in a Player Run Metropolis. The Town is located along the coast north of Brittany.

I'll ask a few things: 1.) Those that PM me should want the lot to really use it and not just tie-up space. 2.) Those that PM me should be someone who does not have access to another castle/keep lot in a player owned town (trying to save this for someone without other options). 3.) Please don't be a "trash deco" lot owner as we are working towards a group oriented town and we want to build a place that we can all enjoy and be proud of. 4.) Be respectful of the town's other residents.

No charges... no required guild contributions or anything like that... we just want to see more people get a chance to test out more parts of the game... and we have extra space at the moment. Please note that this is NOT a PVP Town.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  12. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I actually got up at some ungodly hour just to try and claim a keep lot on the QA server this release, thankfully it paid off and I was able to get one but I don't plan on doing that again.

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If you are a LotM or a Duke na dhave yet to be able to place your large lot drop me a line, I am done decorating until release so my Island is fair game I can / will open lot up to you all to place deco do whatever you want.

Grumpie Weinie

or

Honador Thanatoz

Deliverence likes this.
  14. Gretchelle

Gretchelle Avatar

How do you guys know how many LotM and Dukes are currently in the game? I can't seem to find a spreadsheet of the listings.

15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

We have asked @dallas for an update many times :D

16. Gretchelle

Gretchelle Avatar

We have asked @dallas for an update many times :D

Thank you.

17. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Yes more keep-sized lots please.

Deliverence likes this.
  18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Just for reference my Pot is in place now so I don't need a keep lot anymore, but for many releases it was rather a bit of dismay.

19. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I have placed a keep lot on the island template, on the island that you take the boat to. I put some fence corners on the corners to see the lot size.

I had seen keep ramparts on the smaller island in a static template mode. Ours is dynamic, and the larger island fits the keep lot. One of my guildies plans to have a keep also by launch, his will be on the large flat on the main island somewhere.

Ramparts one day, keep arena basement too... Rift's End is really looking good this go round.

20. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yes, is anyone wants to see the static island PoT come to Duchy of Dara Brae.

We have the keep ramparts up on the smaller island. This will give you a good idea to see the ramparts so you know how to place the keep lot there and how much space you will have inside.

The smaller island was designed for a keep lot in mind. The larger island you can take by boat was designed with a castle lot in mind.

I hope this helps other Dukes out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.