Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dungeon Random encounter room 2 not working with totem

Discussion in 'Player Made Dungeons' started by Xee, Jun 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

06/11/2019 13:13
    Title: Dungeon Random encounter room 2 not working with totem
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?Yes
    Details:I have placed, replaced and tried multiple different level lich totems in this room with no luck getting it to spawn. This was one of the original drops with the 500 crown upgrade.
    Steps to Reproduce:place dungeon random encounter room two after upgrading it with crowns. place lich totem exit and enter adventure mode.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 32653
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.991.Date.06.07.19
    Area: PlayerDungeon_MineCart
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (101.4, -10.0, -35.6)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9NaW5lQ2FydHx8KDEwMS4zNTUsIC05Ljk5MSwgLTM1LjU2OSl8KDAsIC0wLjk5OCwgMCwgLTAuMDY1KXw1MzMuNDUxOHwyNS41MzAzM3w5LjE2NDkwOQ==

2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

If you come to SilverDale market, and head to the keep overlooking the town there is a mirror inside on main floor which is the entrance. I suspected it could be the dungeon mine cart entrance that was causing an issue with something colliding with the room so I tried to dig down abit further to see if perhaps that would fix the issue with no luck. This has been driving me nuts for 2 releases now and is preventing me from working on my dungeon further. please come take a look as I know some peoples encounter room 2 is working where mine does not.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I also crafted the encounter room 2 dungeon with the 500 cotos to make the room have encounters. My Encounter Room 2 dungeon IS working just fine here:

SotA.Win.64.991.Date.06.07.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Dragomir Mori
    Area Display Name: Dragomir Mori
    Loc: (32.0, 38.0, -89.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWdvbWlyIE1vcml8KDMyLjAyNCwgMzguMDM3LCAtODkuMDcpfCgwLCAwLjc1MSwgMCwgMC42Nil8ODguNjQzODZ8MjIuMzYxMjl8OS44NTYxNzE=

This location is where the dungeon entrance is placed if you need to check it.

I DO have Adventure mode enabled, and I am just using a Tier one Lich Totem.

@Xee are you sure it is set to Adventure Mode?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

perhaps I will try a level 1 lich totem which is the one totem I didnt try yet. I still think the issue perhaps is nav mesh and something colliding with it to prevent the mesh and spawn. I had that issue a while back with my troll rooms with other rooms inter meshing with it making some neat things but breaking alot. I may just take my room down to my lower depths and try there to see.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Nope still not working, tried the level 1 totem as well made stairs go down another 3 levels to see if it was collision with the mine cart dungeon stuff. Not sure what else i can try, its clearly borked lol.

@Chris @BurningToad Not sure which one of you fixes these things if you can take a look. Something is for sure not right with my room.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

hmm not sure what the issue is with my dungeon vs others. It would seem that others with mine cart have no issues with encounter room 2 with lich totems. I tried one that someone brought over in case it was my room. looks like both did not work. I am going to take my encounter room too way down deep and try. only thing I can see that maybe the issue now is collision with the mesh breaking the nav preventing the spawn.

Jaesun likes this.
  7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

ok, looks like it was a collision issue with something. I moved it way down deep in my dungeon and it works. so more then likely mine cart dungeon or something was causing the issue.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.