Dungeons Stream of Thought during livestream

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Vladamir Begemot, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

• There should be a dungeon section of the forums
    • We need a third mode, test mode. We need to be able to design dungeons too hard for the DM to fight through. In that case we can't test because build mode doesn't spawn and play mode is too hard.
    • Extra large icons (for blueprints in this case, but in general) is a super popular option in file systems.
    • We are going to need stupid amounts of rooms to choose from. Outside... Houses (yes, a use for the Benefactor and Citizen village home) in the fake inside outside
    • I want to be able to make a worthy to Quest for Glory. That's the target for me.
    • Outside rooms... The new room as an example... Selectable skybox? I know it's close but that would already work with isle of Storms skybox... How about some "tight woods" rooms... OK just let us spawn enemies in POTS....
    • Downloaded but didn't look at the assets, I wonder how often these get updated?
    • I dread not being able to deco my encounter rooms. There must be a way. Or devs have to provide a bunch of versions of each room so we can not all have the same spaces.
    • We also need to be able to script dialog for NPCS, in the encounter room, before the battle.
    • We need to be able to make almost anything be an entrance. Wells. Levers, npc dialog, a rock guillotines.
    • This could be an amazing tool, or a lot of super similar experiences. Hoping for Ultimate Dungeon Master and Adventure Maker 2019.
    • Why fake traps? WTH?
    • Everyone talks about the rise, but I want to be able to make Elysium style multi level with building and such. Is that going to be possible?
    • And Star Wars style super high areas.
    • So the room with the big throne and all the statues... that throne and statues need to be deco spaces, not fixed deco.
    • I want to be able to put monsters on super long patrols as well as roam the entire place. The minautar must be able to show up at any time.
    • Speaking of which, can we have some basic AI controls? Run away health, animation access.
    • Are those waypoints?
    • If this works right you'll never see me again, except from behind the paintings in my dungeons. Are those eyes following you?
    • So is smelting going to have a masterwork skill for dungeon pieces? And a specialization?

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

great ideas.

since the entrances are basically teleporters, i'm really hoping to be able to use any pattern on them. having someone tough a sword or helm on the wall would be awesome. containers, books, statues, the list is endless.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

To add to your list:
    - Secret Doors
    - Breakable Walls (have to use a pick to break down a wall to go into another room/hall).
    - Caverns/Mine theme halls/rooms (with mineable nodes).
    - Locks/Levers/Controls that can only be used when the player has a particular "quest" item.

Witcheypoo and Vladamir Begemot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.