Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[DUPE/KNOWN]Late game quest appeared in my journal just now totally at random

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Cear Dragon, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

09/17/2018 11:14
    Title: Reassemble Vermilion Lens appears on newbie char journal
    Reproduction Rate: Not possible to find out
    Blocker? Not sure. Could have broken my main quest line
    Details:
    I am currently on a brand new character. I have just finished the starting quests in the three outskirts for the three paths. I am in no way capable of doing anything further at this point and need to level up. I fighting in tier three zones. Anyway as I am walking around Crooked Shank doing the Mayor Quest the Quest 'Reassemble the Vermilion Lens' appears in my journal and on my tracking hud while talking to the children elves in the cave. I am nowhere near having this quest legitimately show up. My only other character on this account has the shroud of the avatar so he also does not have this quest.

https://i.imgur.com/JfVBLTD.png

Steps to Reproduce: Be me
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Z GPU RAM: 6035
    SotA.Win.64.830.Date.09.07.18
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills01_Road
    Area Display Name: Crooked Shank
    Loc: (-7.8, -92.0, 210.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoLTcuODE2LCAtOTIuMDA4LCAyMTAuNTY4KXwoMCwgMC44MzUsIDAsIC0wLjU1KXwxNjg2Ljk5MXwyOC43MTAyMXwyLjQzODI0

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

known issue with crooked shank and will have no effect on your gameplay. 60968

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm adding these details to the existing task. We're having a real hard time tracking down how players are getting this journal entry. If any player knows exactly what happened and/or where exactly they are when they get this journal entry prematurely, that will help a lot.

Also, can someone confirm for me that the journal title is "Reassemble and Use the Vermillion Lens"? I think that's what has been reported, but I want to make 100% sure. Thanks!

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i believe it was while walking through the mayor's house. may be proximity to the prisoner.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes, this is the quest entry:

[​IMG]

I have never been to the Grannis Collosus.

Sadly, I hate to report, on the QA build, I took my secondary character, who has never done the Crooked Shank quest and just did it (up to the part to go to the area with all the elves). I did NOT get the Reassemble and Use the Vermillion Lens quest entry.

Steps:
    1. Get quest to find key.
    2. Find Key.
    3. Speak to guy at the bar/inn that tells you something wacky here is going on.
    4. Unlock Mayors House.
    5. GO upstairs to elf in jail. speak to them, get quest to find jail key.
    6. Get jail key, unlock jail.
    7. speak to elf, get quest to find Elf Key. Get elf key.
    8. Speak to elf, get sent off to area with elves journal entry. I did not go here.

The Reassemble and Use the Vermillion Lens journal entry did NOT show up on my character. Perhaps some other thing is causing this? Or it happens further along the quest line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.