1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Duplicate] Inability to move things - even worse than I thought!!!

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Raven Swiftbow, Feb 4, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

02/04/2020 20:51
    Title: Inability to move things - even worse than I thought!!!
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes!
    Details:
    - The other night I experienced a bug which made it impossible for me to move anything in my house. (I replied to Lockey Abernathy's thread which is above this one.)
    - Tonight I thought, 'Hmm. I wonder if it would "un-bug" if I moved the house into a Property Manager slot and then moved it back.
    - So I moved the house to storage. The result was:
    [​IMG]
    Steps to Reproduce:
    - I'm not really sure how to reproduce this!
    - It all began when I tried to move my pet house cat from one spot to another.
    - The cat disappeared - but after I logged out and back in the cat was in my backpack.
    - But after that, I could not move *anything* in the house!
    - Then tonight, I just thought I would try moving the house into the Property Manager and moving it back. . . . .
    - **NOTE** After this, I did move the house out of the Property Manager and back to the lot. I was afraid that otherwise everything else would end up in the bank and I really don't want to have to re-deco this place!

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16300
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.1113.Date.02.01.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Flowing Waters Forest
    Area Display Name: Flowing Waters Forest
    Loc: (221.6, 44.5, -137.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfEZsb3dpbmcgV2F0ZXJzIEZvcmVzdHwoMjIxLjU3OSwgNDQuNTM0LCAtMTM3Ljg4Nil8KDAsIDAuNzExLCAwLCAwLjcwMyl8OTUuNzEzMTN8LTkuNzE0MjMyfDIuODczMzQ=

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. straighshot

straighshot Avatar

Its the same for me. I cannot add anything in my house, cannot move anything in my house. I am also a POT owner and i cannot move any of the POT deco's. with exception of grass and tree removers which work correctly. I have logged out/in and still have issue. i can remove/add items into chests.

Ok so if i logout and back in. i can initially move items in my POT. But if i attempt to move anything on my lot and then go back to my POT i am again unable to move/place items.

deco permissions appear to do nothing to help resolve issue.

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X eight-core
    Nvidia geforce GTX 1080 Ti
    SotA.Win.64.1121.Date.02.15.20
    Area: Fenrir (POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Fenrir) Loc: (18.324, 48.261, 217.922) DBG: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxGZW5yaXJ8KDE4LjMyNCwgNDguMjYxLCAyMTcuOTIyKXwoMCwgMSwgMCwgLTAuMDExKXwxODAuMjA3MnwzNy4xMDYzMXw5LjE0MDgyOQ==

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  4. StymieLLTS

StymieLLTS Avatar

Having the same issue as Straightshot. What I am seeing is if I try to place a Deco Item in my house or basement, The item disppears from the Cursor and the word "Co-Owner" appears.

5. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Same issue on both my characters. It occurred when I tried placing an item from my inventory. Tried moving items I'd moved minutes before and was unable to.

Tried claiming a new lot and that lot had the same issue.

Unable to move any item. Every item I try to place disappears and just states "Co-Owner". Also unable to retrieve items from Decor Palette. Re-logging has no effect.

6. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Anpu likes this.
  7. Rillruin

Rillruin Avatar

This bug has affected deco for almost a month. A week ago you said a patch was expected in 1 to 2 days.... I've explained multiple times that it was working but breaks when we try to place an item.

How long does it take to step through code to see what effects placing an item has on the data?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.