Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Durability Loss on failure should scale down with item durability

Discussion in 'Release 53 QA Feedback Forum' started by Elrond, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

When failing a masterwork or enchant you lose 25 durability it doesnt matter what the item durability is .. that means if you fail 1 enchant on a pair of boots who normally have 50 durability theyre gone...you cant work on them anymore . If however you fail an enchant on a chest with 150 durability you still have 4 more chances to try. Im hoping to see a balance .

Current gear durability (non exceptional):

- boots - 50 durability - 1 fail allowed with 25 durability loss - should be 5 durability loss to allow 5 failures
    - gloves - 50 durability - 1 fail allowed with 25 durability loss - should be 5 durability loss to allow 5 failures
    - helm - 80 durability - 2 fails allowed with 25 durability loss - should be 10 durability loss to allow 5 failures
    - legs - 100 durability - 3 fails allowed with 25 durability loss - should be 15 durability loss to allow 5 failures
    - chest- 150 durability - 5 fails allowed with 25 durability loss.

Otherwise non exceptional gear that is not chest or legs becomes pretty much worthless if it cant be worked on as much as the first 2 i mentioned.

2. Lace

Lace Avatar

It could be a mindset, but I think most dedicated crafters rarely try to mw or enchant non exceptional gear because the starting durability is so low and you end up with something that wont last very long which is a bit of a ripoff in selling except in exceptional cases where the player might want a +14 item with 25 durability to only put on for pvp or something. I think there is new player confusion still on durability when they are shopping since it is not clearly displayed on the vendors but that is another issue I have raised several times.

Date listed was added as a column on vendors but to me the more important thing is clearly displaying durability for comparisons for folks shopping.

I can see how a sliding scale based on default max durability would be attractive to some, but I also think it could flood the market with items that players don't realize how long they will last because of the durability. Chopping it down from 50/25 helps remove the artificial perceived benefit of +xxxxx on items and I think less new player scamming will occur and create less buyer's remorse.

3. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

I agree with Lace; too low of a durability hit would flood the market with cheap goods. It would be more consistent with the current enchantment/masterwork framework for the durability loss for failures on minor items to be half that for major items. As it is right now on the QA server:

Boots, Gloves, Helm: -13 Maximum Durability
    Leg Armor, Chest Armor: -25 Maximum Durability

This feels about right based on the limited amount of crafting I did yesterday. Now all that they need to do is fix the reported durability on the minor items!

- Lao Tzu

Elwyn likes this.
  4. lishayw

lishayw Avatar

Raise the durability on non exceptional and increase the durability on exceptional so non exceptional can be used for something other than vendor trash and pollution of loot pool. Buddy of mine got a +4 Bronze sword from a supply bundle that had Durability of 0/0 so it wasn't even worth vendoring.

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I don't think this was implemented to make it easier to work on items, especially non exceptional ones. I think the -25 is still better than an item blowing up, even on gloves and boots.

If you put a +15 durability masterwork on boots or gloves first, you could still get 2 buffs on them even after a failure.

6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

This was confirmed to have been a bug. Shouldn't have been 0/0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.