Dynamic Player Owned Town must be locked by May 26th or?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Gregoire Visaard, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

If we do not lock our pot submission forms before May 26th (release 30). Does that mean that it will be taken out of the game just prior to when release 31 goes off and the Lot Selection Process begins?

What do some of you POT owners think about this. Is it something your taking into consideration and why?
    I have not locked mine as I am a great procrastinator and have been toying with static for a long time with at least one.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I've never heard mentioned or considered that unlocked towns that were in game prior to the advent of the mechanism would be Removed from the game. I would be very surprised if that were so. It wouldn't make any sense to do so as it would create more work for the team, not to mention ill will, if they were to removed already existent towns. The lock/service voucher mechanism was created to reduce the flood of minor requests and thereby Reduce the team's work load.

I'm waiting for the promised rotated templates prior to locking my form, which I'm told will be available before persistence. I've also long considered opting for a static template, which has been another reason I've postponed locking. If/when I get my rotated template, I believe that will sway my decision toward remaining dynamic... While I could go into great detail, and have a lot of 'nice-to-haves' implemented in a static template, I would also be giving up a vast amount of immediacy and self determination.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

No they are not taken out at all, I asked this specifically and they said all it does is mean no changes will be made until oyu lock the form. What you have now is what you get until to Lock it. But you can leave it unlocked.

FrostII, Leelu and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

That's why I'm leaving mine unlocked until the template I want is available.

FrostII and Weins201 like this.
  5. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

One point to consider: only after locking the form you will receive the houses.
    They will immediately credited on your account page under "Special Rewards" and can be claimed in game.

Leelu likes this.
  6. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

This is a clip form a post I sent to my fellow guild pot owners. the video at the 39 minute mark goes into some detail on the matter.

Today I was watching a NBNN video on you tube with Lazarus interviewing DarkStarr regarding a wide rang of topics. Here is a link:
      • It is worth listening to as he covers a lot of topics that many of us might or might not have a complete grasp of. The whole video is worth watching.
      • But the one that caught my attention and is the motivation for this post is regarding player owned towns.
      • DarkStarr said: that in order for your POT to be in game July 28th during the Lot Selection Process, it must be locked no latter than release 30 on May 26th!

Thanks for the clarity Weins 201. I just want to make sure I understand things clearly. I to am waiting for something better template wise to come as I am not real fond of any of them so far.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes... that's for towns that are not in the game already... Mine is, and I believe yours is... I do NOT believe that they are going to Remove towns that are already in place for the reasons I detailed above.

Perhaps we could be @DarkStarr to confirm.

Pulling already existent towns OUT of the game makes No Sense.

8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm under the impression that if you want a dynamic POT, then the date of May 26th does mean much. However if you desire a static POT and you do not lock by the 26th you will go to the back of the static POT line until you lock, AND of course static POTs are not being made until months following the final wipe.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I've never heard the "Go to the back of the line" bit before... Do you have a citation for that piece? The only rules I've heard of for Static templates is Biggest First, Oldest First...

10. Drocis the Devious

I can only wait for Darkstarr to address it. I believe that if someone is currently 1st in line and they don't lock by the 26th then everyone that locks moves ahead of them, even if they lock later.

11. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are not going to remove your town if your form is not locked. Static POTs will be worked on in the following order (current thinking):
    1. PoT Size
    2. Purchase Date
    3. Form Lock Date

NRaas and Weins201 like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Will you release a list of static town order?

Ice Queen and Rufus D`Asperdi like this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The third variable make thing more complex... In the simplest form, the form lock date would be used to break ties, so, would be an edge case.

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes, I would like to see this list. Something I've wanted for a while... While I'm unlikely to opt for Static at this point, I've never really had all the information I would have liked to make the decision.

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am going to help them a little -

Remember if you choose a Static Town, once it is created you will NOT be able to change ANYTHING; Decorating, Moving trees, . . . . or ANYTHING. Any Decoration not on an actual Lot will not be able to be changed - EVER. Also the place the Lot is chosen will not be able to be changed.

A Dynamic Town Owner will be able to change lots (if not a Metro) to different location and move decoration (statues, fences, trees . . . ) around the POT at will.

If you Make your town Static, what you see is what you get - forever. If a new template comes out :-( If a new decoration for to be placed not on a Lot :-( . . . .

There are going to be more and more tools avail for POT owners to decorate in Dynamic Towns.

I would suggest to look at the types of tools you might want - A Wheel Barrow - which could be used to make a hill Taller, A Beaver Dam - to turn an area into a Swamp, A Ditch Digger - to make a creek or a river, . . . . . If you are a POT owner think about thinks you might want to change in the future and brain storm them.

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Nothing that I haven't known or considered @Weins201

Weins201 likes this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@DarkStarr, would it be possible to see a list with:

Town Name, Size, Date of Purchase, Lock Date

Stack ranked, and including all POTs that are either locked to Static, or not yet locked? (Obviously, the Lock Date column would either need to be blank or contain some value such as "Not Locked")

18. Selene

Selene Avatar

I'm wondering, though.. since upgrading the town unlocks your form, could you THEN apply a completely different static town by upgrading to the next tier?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.