Early Access of Life is Feudal started

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I know I come across negative again but I don't care anymore.

A new MMORPG started in Early Access. Next to no marketing for this game and yet it has next to 3.000 concurrent players according to Steamcharts - and you can also play without Steam!
    SoTA had a about 100 players at Early Access start and now has 228 players. Yeah I know only 35 percent play via Steam yet still...

I simply don't understand why people here still think Early Access means enormoulsy few players when so many other EA games show that this is not the case.

http://steamcharts.com/app/326160

http://steamcharts.com/app/700030

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Yep it is really impressive on what they have done. Starting as a server based MP game, making a SP conversion and now the MMO part coming to life.
    Small dev team, dedication, and bold game design. EA has no influence on number of players, it's how much fun the game is for people and how they can upkeep it.

3. Lained

Lained Avatar

4. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Doesn't anyone get it? We don't have the infrastructure to support that. I can't say that that many people would play but until something significant on the back end comes online, they need to stay the hell out while we get this tested. I mean come on, they posted about the servers they got, I've had one at my desk since spring of 2013 with 32 cores and half again as much RAM. The Travian deal should help with this but even if they would come they better not right now. I was t was talking about SotA not this game that I just downloaded because it sounds fun.

5. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

The marketing for SOTA has barely started if it's been started yet.

When the advertising goes out in full force after public release we will see a difference.

Lained likes this.
  6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Yet there hasn't been any marketing started for Life is Feudal, too. At least I haven't seen any advertisments for this game anywhere. And there are more articles written about SotA on websites than for Life is Feudal.

Proteus Tempest likes this.
  7. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

There are ~208,ooo members on this forum. I believe that these are people waiting on the product to be finished. Not many people want to Alpha or Beta test a game.

Richard Garriott has a long history of gaming and many...MANY know him for his work on his Ultima games.

I'm holding out that those people that played the Ultima's will arrive to play one day. When? The mortal men and women will never know but I believe they will show up.

I have a friend who says he won't play games other than the ones RG makes and he says he is waiting for release. So.... I await the followers of Lord British.

I don't think this game is going to flop. Getting closer to release though, many are getting nervous. This is normal. :)

LiquidBlaze likes this.