Early SotA Character Concept Art

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dloubet, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I am a fan of the slightly steampunk style. I asked Denis to make it steampunkish, and he did!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

These pictures are beautiful, I like it a lot. The faces of both pictures are looking similar. Am I right and the faces are like your own, Sir Frank? I would like to ask Denis to make a picture for my homepage in the Ultima gamebook style (only black and white) which looks similar as my face, maybe after the picture from this page http://www.sircabirus.com/about.php . And yes, I know that Denis don't take orders at the moment. But as soon as he has time I would order and buy :)

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

TheMadHermit and dloubet like this.
  3. Sir Frank

I did provide photos of my own face and ask if he could make Sir Frank resemble my actual face. But, I also said I would not hold him closely to that. He included my burn scars, and I am pleased with the result.

4. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Thank you for your quick response Sir Frank :)

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

dloubet and Sir Frank like this.
  5. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Really nice work.

Hey @dloubet, are you on artstation? Zero cost, more exposure, etc..

And any thoughts on doing some gumroads? I'd totally buy them

dloubet likes this.
  6. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

So if I send a donation to this site you will create a piece of artwork for me? I am not sure I am understanding how it works. Lets say I would like a character drawn up for SOTA, could I pay you to draw it up for me?

That is something that I would be interested in. In I have been starting at my characters biography for two days now and all I have mustered up is 2 measly paragraphs. Maybe an artistically drawn pic will help inspire me...

dloubet likes this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm assuming that "This Site" refers to the Patreon site. If that is correct then no, you're not correct. The Patreon site is for those that wish to support an artist in their endeavors... become a Patron of the arts in the truest sense. You pledge some amount and each time that artist produces a work, you donate that amount of money to the artist. In return for your donation(s) you get some reward(s) specified by the artist dependent on your level of support.
    What you wish is what I've done to have the pieces I've wanted produced. Denis also has his personal site (DenisLoubet.com), and therein a section/service called "Draw My Character" where Denis accepts commissions for custom artwork. That page contains his rate sheet for those commissions. He's currently not accepting new commissions.

For each piece of art that Denis produces through Draw My Character or other venues, each Patreon supporter donates their pledged amount, supplementing his income. I've actually made a donation or two on pieces he's produced for me. :) I expect I'll be doing the same for other pieces as he gets to them, and donating for other pieces he produces. I do it simply because I want him to be able to keep doing what he's done so well for so long.

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Sir Cabirus and dloubet like this.
  9. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Denis, fantastic artwork. Great to have you here.

Regards,

10. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

I grovel in abject thankfulness. :)

I will strive to make it worthwhile.

Denis Loubet

Browncoat Jayson and Sir Cabirus like this.
  11. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

12. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

I would have been here sooner but the traffic was terrible!

--Denis--

Sir_Hemlock and Sir Cabirus like this.
  13. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

I completely missed this second page of posts! Send me an e-mail so I can put it in the Drawmycharacter To-Do list.
    Yeah, I'm currently not taking on more commissions until I finish the ones I've got. But you can get on the list of people I contact when I'm taking on more work.

Eventually, I plan to have Jeff Dee as the start of my "Hand Picked Cadre of Artists" but don't tell him I said that.

--Denis--

14. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

I don't even know what those are, but I'll think about it! :-D

I'll check out artstation. I'm on Deviantart.

If you scroll way back, you can see some old art and Drawmycharacter works in progress on my Drawmycharacter facebook page.

--Denis

Sir Cabirus and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  15. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

What you want to do is go to the Drawmycharacter page on my website and look at the rate sheet and character description questions, and decide if you want a character drawn.

If you want to become a patron, just go to my Patreon project and back me however much you want. You can set a monthly cap so you don't go over your budget. I'll be posting all the new commission work I do, which will be charged, and lots of old work and new sketches that will be free! Patreon is not for buying art, it's for funding the artist so he is free to do art. :)

If enough SotA fans back me, most of the work I do will be SotA-based art! ;-)

Of course, now I see that Rufus has answered your questions far more eloquently than myself! :)

16. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Alas it is true. I contacted dloubet many moons ago to create my likeness in Shroud of the Avatar using Steam Punk elements. I provided him with my character background, a picture of myself and guidance as to what I was looking for. He nailed it! I am so very pleased at what he was able to accomplish. Not that I had any doubts.

As a life-long Ultima fan having Denis draw my character was an honor beyond words.

He's a wizard with that pen of his.

gtesser, monxter, dloubet and 4 others like this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

What an interesting idea... I wonder how Rufus could/would be represented in Steampunk Style...

18. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

You Mad Hermit, you!

Now Rufus! Don't you go getting any ideas!

19. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

SotA that Could Have Been:

Early Shroud of the Avatar female farmer concept art. I started with research on actual Victorian farmer fashion, and went from there. Not quite as much obvious steampunk in this one, as I was just throwing all kinds of stuff at the wall to see what might stick.

You can see these a week early by becoming a patron!www.patreon.com/denisloubet

[​IMG]
    Should I start a new subject? Or is navigating to the end of this thread not an issue?

20. Sir Frank

Clicking the link to this thread brings us to the new entries. I like that I get notified that you've added something. If you start a new thread, I'd have to hunt for it. But, I have the option of following you, so I have another way of finding your posts. Whatever seems easiest to you!

Thanks for posting these!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.