Early SotA Character Concept Art

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dloubet, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swan

Swan Avatar

I backed game that would have steampunk/Teslapunk" elements higly in game. now im getting only tesla tower and radio...
    Where is our Tesla weapons. :3 (putting gem in to sword is just not the same, also doesnt make any sense why would gem give fire or electric dmg) if piece of rock can create electricity why the hell sota has windmills and generators etc?

somebody sayd community voted for not going steampunk way? well i didnt find any voting while searhing forums. must be that closed dev+ place where all decicions are made. so 1% players are that choice making community?

dloubet likes this.
  2. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

Early Shroud of the Avatar concept art for female hunters. I like the actual Victorian best. My variations were not very inspired for this one. But at least no belly-buttons in evidence.

[​IMG]

--Denis

3. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Love these!

dloubet likes this.
  4. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

Early Shroud of the Avatar character concept for the Tinker. This guy is very steampunk. Lots of leather and brass, and glowing aetheric energy. I like his helmet lamp and Vibro-Hammer particularly. This fellow would have been at home in Martian Dreams.

[​IMG]
    If you want to see these a week earlier, consider becoming a patron!

--Denis

amarious, Doctor, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  5. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

Early Shroud of the Avatar character concept art for hunters. I think this guy has the right balance of Practical, Authentic Victorian, and Wizard of Oz that I was looking for. Less shabby than actual Victorian, more fancy than practical, and spot-on friendly Oz. You could totally see meeting this guy on the Yellow Brick Road, and he'd be fun to adventure with. He's got less steampunk on him than some others, but I think that's good.

[​IMG]

--Denis

amarious, smack, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  6. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

He's kinda cute. I'd be happy to make a pie out of him :)

dloubet and Tahru like this.
  7. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I need the boots, the blaster, and the cravat.

dloubet and Tahru like this.
  8. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

Early character concept art from Shroud of the Avatar. I think V1 is better because V2 looks like an ambassador or something. Looks like the apron is a necessity to suggest a shopkeeper. Not a lot of steampunk accoutrements, but a good hint of Oz in these guys.

[​IMG]

9. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

Early Shroud of the Avatar character concept for male shopkeeper. I like the boldness of this outfit. Huge jewel-colored cravats seemed like an interesting and classy style. Again with the OZ vibe, too! This guy works well with that last hunter pic.
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy!

--Denis

10. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I like this better than the current version. Great work.

dloubet likes this.
  11. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

Wow! I was unaware this thread grew! Please forgive me!

Rufus D`Asperdi: Looking back on those pieces I noticed something strange, they looked pretty good! This is because when I finish a piece, I can only see the mistakes, or things I would change, or possibilities I didn't explore.o_O But give me a few months to forget the mistakes and I can begin to see what other people must see when they look at my stuff.:confused: Rufus and Jenan look lots better than I remember! :)

Sir Cabirus: Honored, sir! (Even though this was a while back.) I hope you enjoy your patronage! :)

Myrcello: I agree with your assessment. The idea of Ultima can survive displacement to other genre.:) The heavy steampunk would have been very interesting. (Although I was really flailing with the contradictory distaff outfit requirements.):confused: Gothic would be awesome!:D

enderandrew: Great example!:)

High Baron O`Sullivan: He is rather stylish, no?:D

Got to meet some of my cool Patrons, and awesome Drawmycharacter clients, at the big Easter party at Lord British's estate.:D Great fun was had by all! (I really have great fans!)

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

They're all good, Denis. Why would I keep coming back time and time again if I weren't happy with your work? :)
    By the way... when do you think I might bubble back up to the top of the To-Do list? ;)

13. dloubet

dloubet Avatar

Rufus D`Asperdi: Soon, I hope! :confused:

I've been saving the best for last.

[​IMG]

Here is my absolute favorite of the early Shroud of the Avatar character concepts. This gentleman has all the steampunk cool rolled into one outfit.

He's got the self-satisfied expression and casual stance that all empire-builders should have, in addition to the long coat and leather spats. And The Hat. The Hat is to die for.

My website: www.denisloubet.com

Be a Patron! www.patreon.com/denisloubet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.